Hi. I am 23 years old. I have a girlfriend and so far we had no sex. I am scared of getting an STD. I haven`t told her that. What to do? How to prevent STDs? There are so many of them, such as AIDS, gonorrhea, crabs, hepatitis, chancroid… Is there any protection for all of them?

Hi. Yes, you have such protection, it is called condoms. Condoms are very effective when you use them correctly and consistently. However, the only way to really protect yourself from STDs is not to have sex at all. You are also pretty safe in a long-term monogamous relationship (with a partner who is not infected). Condoms are so far the only protection from AIDS. Latex condoms also reduce the risks of transmission of gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis...

TO ADD TO WHAT RUTAN SAID IT ALSO PREVENTS AGAINST UNWANTED PREGNANCYS. BUT CONDOMS DONT NECCESARLY PROTECT 100% AGAINST HERPES OR GENITAL WARTS. BECAUSE THE CONDOM DOESNT COVER ALL OF THE AREA DOWN THERE. IF SOMEONE HAS A SORE OR SOMETING AND YOU HAVE SKIN TO SKIN CONTACT WITH IT YOU CAN CATCH THOSE BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THOSE ARE SPREAD. NOT TO SCARE YOU ANYTHING. BUT CONDOMS WILL HELP REDUCE YOUR RISKS TO ABOUT ALMOST NOTHING WHEN USED CORECTLY! BUT IF THIS WILL BE HER 1ST TIME THEN YOU REALLY SHOULDNT HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IF YOU USE A CONDOM!!

Everything they have said so far is correct. For the most part.
But yes, and if you do plan on having sex with her and still unsure, use beyond seven condoms
******
They are by far the best latex condoms out right now. I highly recommend them for latex.
The best and safest condoms out of them all are contraceptive-prophylactic condoms and Microsheer Polyurethane Condoms are the most safe out of any condom out.
Between the two, go with Microsheer Polyurethane, Trojan makes them, They are with out doubt the safest of them all, it is so safe, they are re-usable. sounds gross but eh.
Absolutely nothing can pass through them, and they are thin!

The only problem with Microsheer Condoms though, is that you may be concerned that it doesn't feel like it is on, or broken. And there have been few cases which it has actually broken. For unknown reasons, because it is just as hard to pierce a microsheer condom as is a latex one.

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **