hi, im 18 years old and im having problems down in my vagina area. A couple of days ago i noticed a small red bump right on the edge of my vagina lip. Its very small, about the size of a half a pea, maybe even smaller. its hard, but my mother said that it might be a ingrown hair, and said i should try and pop it out. So i tried and i can take alot of pain so i kept going and blood just came out. It is very painfull. My recent boyfriend of eight months and i have had sex only once but it was a couple of weeks ago, but i doubt it would be a STD from him, he has never had a girlfriend. I had my first sexual encounter 2 years ago with a guy who slept around. I figure he might have a STD, i havent talked to him since though. Im worried he might have givin me an STD but im not sure, we used protection. Please help me, im very scared. Im very scared about my boyfriend though, he dos'nt deserve to have an STD, he took time to love me and im even scared to kiss him, Ive never thought of having an STD, please tell me if you think it might be a STD. :-(

okay, first of all. you dont have an std most likely. if you used protection with this other guy than your safe, and stds wouldnt show up two years later. its most likely a pimple

Hi there-
I hope are feeling better since ur last post. It seems that you really care about this new guy, and it would devestate you if he were to have an STD contracted by you.

Make an appointment with the Gyno... they usually say to do it when the bump is present... tell them ur issue, and let them check u out completely "the works" of STD Testing.

I did this when I was ur age and it helped me to understand the effects my decisions had. All came back fine ( i was lucky) because I had quite a few more partners than you.

And years later I take it just as seriously as I did then... who wants to worry about this all day right?
Condoms or not, symptoms or not.... have ur testing done once yearly....
Goodluck sweetie

im afraid i might have an std because i have various symptoms . swollen glands, a small bump on genitial area and a scar on my forehead that has no cause, it just popped up there. i really want to get help but how? im oo scared and i think i should get help b4 it worsens. where should i go?

i had sex for the first time about a week ago and im so scared i have an std. the guy im with now slept with a girl in my school who everyone says she has stds and i read online that if a guy doesn't shave he might be trying to hide the fact that he has an std. i brought it up but not straight out i did the " i heard if guys dont shave there trying to hide an std" he didnt come out about anything, he said if it bothered me that hed shave but he hasn't. ive only had sex with him the one time, and we used a condom so im pretty sure my chances are better than they could be. but im just really scared, i think im putting more thoughts in my head to freak myself out but how would i really know if i do? im scared to get tested and im not sure if its to that point. but before i was even with the guy i noticed this little bump a little further down then the lip of vag and i talked to my friend about it and they said it could be easily from a yeast infection which ive previously had, or it could be from touching myself. i have no idea what to do. if i don't than im fine, but id want him to get tested but i don't feel like i can ask him too. but if i do have one i have no idea what id do, id be so ashamed and i wouldnt know what to do with my boyfriend.

someone please help me.

:$ Me and my ex had sex and then that next day i herd he told his friend when he was drunk that he had an std and now im so paranoid and i want to go get checked but i cant because im at a placement were my probation officer sent me but if they found out i had sex they would not let me come home so i cant get checked anytime soon but i go home for visits and stuff but when i do in=m on my period so it sucks and i wont have sex with this new guy ive been dating for a while but im not sure if i have anything i feel normal i get canker sores in my mouth more than usual i think or i could be paranoid and my Virginia is itching but not like crazy just like once a day a lil itch then it goes away then again im paranoid I dont know what to do can some one help me

What did the docotr say? did you get an STD panel done? It could have been an in-grown hair but i tis 95% chance that it is STD related. It could come from anybody even from casual contact but also from oral sex.

Thought it is more liekly to come from a former sexual partner who has been sexualy active. It is sweet you're concerned about your current (then) bf and since h never was s. active before you believe he doesn;t deserve it. If it is an std/sti it may be a mild case.

it is probably an STD/STi yo uneed to get checked out. Good luck.

Condoms don;pt always protect from STDs/STIs as much as we would like them too. Some can even be transmitted , casually.

Did he perform oral sex on you before you have intercourse? That could account for the sore on your vagina. Def. get tested. What were the results?

I would recommend you tell your boyfriend, therefore he know's why you aren't willing to have sex with him and if he loves you he will understand your concern to something you might have a be patient. my only other advice is visit the doctors soon as possible babe, since you might aswell get checked and be on the safe side :)