My mother is having lots of pain with her sciatic nerve. She has been to the doctors in her area many times over the past month (since June 1, 2007). It does not seem that anything is helping her out. She keeps falling to her knees and she has fell and landed on her bottom which bruise her badly.

The doctors in her area are not giving her much in pain relief. My mother is 67 years old, heart patient, high blood pressure, and she has Myopathy most of her legs and in her hands.

I have a friend of mine who also had sciatic nerve and his doctors kept him on pain medication for more than a week.

What's more can we do for her. She can't stand the pain!!! I'm planning on a conference call with her doctor on Friday morning.

What other type of doctor can she see? I'm not sure if this is her family doctor or a specialist. She lives in the mountains and very hard to find specialist.

If anyone can give me advice on anything, I would gratefully appreciate it.
Thanks, Terry

Terry, have your mom try this belt, as it's the only thing that works for me. I went through everything, even nerve blocks, and this worked:

I have no connection to this company, but I do have a positive testamonial posted for this product. The key is getting it adjusted for her specifically, it might take a couple tries. Once I got it where my body likes it, I made a couple pen marks on it, so I could always get it back to the same adjustment if needed.

Mike Engel

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Your mother would be better off seeing a chiropractor not a medical doctor.
Medical doctors as you are now finding out do nothing to correct the cause of the problem. The only tools they have are drugs or surgery which only control symptoms.

Chiropractors are experts in the nervous system and can easily asses the cause of the problem. Typically a vertebra out of alignment putting pressure on the nerve, a slightly rotated sacrum, herniated disc, a muscle spasm to the piriformis, or a pelvis that is misaligned are just a few of the things we look for.
All chiropractors are trained to deal with sciatic pain.

teita wrote:

Thanks, Terry[/quo

hey your mom needs to see a chiropractor for the sciatic pain please believe me i have been to the doctors for nearly 5 yrs and im only 33 and it was hell on me i can only imagine how they make your mom feel -i had a bulging disc with was potruding against the sciatic nerve the quacks knew this yet never helped me with all the pills i kept taking more and they didnt help so i was looking for answers online and someone told me to see a chiropractor who uses the activator and just go to to find a chiropractor who does this all it is -is a handheld instument they use to adjust and it takes the pressure off the nerve -i couldnt even sit down cause come to find out I have an annular tear and my primary care doctor didnt even tell me - I have videos that the doctor online sent me and they helped a lot if you e-mail me i can send you the videos -they explain exactly what is going on in your back so you can understand it -i would love to pass them along to your mom if you give me a chance- tell her to ice the nerve 15 min. every hour to bring the swelling off the nerve and DO NOT use heat as this will worsen the pain- which i was doing before and it is a mistake cause it causes the nerve to swell more and cause more pain-please e-mail me
anyone who is suffering with sciatica or an annular tear I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH

joannieblue wrote:

teita wrote:

Thanks, Terry[/quo

hey your mom needs to see a chiropractor for the sciatic pain please believe me i have been to the doctors for nearly 5 yrs and im only 33 and it was hell on me i can only imagine how they make your mom feel -i had a bulging disc with was potruding against the sciatic nerve the quacks knew this yet never helped me with all the pills i kept taking more and they didnt help so i was looking for answers online and someone told me to see a chiropractor who uses the activator and just go to to find a chiropractor who does this all it is -is a handheld instument they use to adjust and it takes the pressure off the nerve -i couldnt even sit down cause come to find out I have an annular tear and my primary care doctor didnt even tell me - I have videos that the doctor online sent me and they helped a lot if you e-mail me i can send you the videos -they explain exactly what is going on in your back so you can understand it -i would love to pass them along to your mom if you give me a chance- tell her to ice the nerve 15 min. every hour to bring the swelling off the nerve and DO NOT use heat as this will worsen the pain- which i was doing before and it is a mistake cause it causes the nerve to swell more and cause more pain-please e-mail me j --

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I was just thinking about your mom and wanted to say that she probably has a disc potruding against the sciatic nerve which I had then when I was at work on Dec. 9th I was putting my socks on cause it was a problem for me so Id do it at work anyways I was having terrible sciatic pain in my left side my buttocks and down the leg bad and when I bent over that was the final straw when I believe the annular tear occured and believe me that would really be bad on your mom and if she goes to a chiropractor they allign you so your nerve will have relief but you have to return because your muscles are uneven from the way your walking and favoring one side so you keep going til your muscles are trained and you can speed this up by marching in place on a trampoline 5min day it will train the muscles faster but you cant hold on cause by trying to balance is what trains the muscles to even out and this will speed up the process and cut down on the visits to chirpopractor (my husband got me one at big5 sporting goods that has a handle bar that goes over the top so she would have something to grab onto if she lost her balance)and once youve gotten here she needs an excersize ball she will gently bounce on it for 5min day after the trampoline this will bring new oxygen and blood supply to the discs by pumping them it will repair them ok and no doctor will tell you this cause they dont even know or care so please let me help with what I have researched anyone who wants out of this misery can e-mail me not a healthcare professional just someone who knows what you are going through and would like to help anyone for free

Please read our Terms of Use

oh and tell your mom to see if the chiropractor can send her for MRI(without contrast(dye)) cause this will show exactly whats going on and it would be cool if you could stay with her cause even I was scared and if someone was there it would have been nice and make sure the chiropractor uses the activator because this is painless and makes it a lot more tolerable to deal with when you are going through something like this-GOOD LUCK!