In 2006 I had a total hip replacement during which the sciatic nerve was damaged, this has resulted in a condition known as "DROPPED FOOT", I am unable to lift my foot during nomal walking and am in some considerable discomfort along the outside of my leg and foot.The prognosis is that I must learn to live with the condition.I have had X Ray's an EMG and an MRI scan all of which show nothing.
Is there any treatment ?

If you definitaly know the sciatic nerve was damaged during surgery you must not drop the pressure on your doctors, specialist etc to do something about it. Nerve conduction studies etc. Surgeons cannot keep making these mistakes which leave patients in unbearable pain and lead to damaged lives and those of their frienda and families around them. they are the people who have to pick up the slack and help the patient when they want and could be doing other things., DOT NOT LET THIS MATTER GO. KEEP ON AT THE DOCTORS FOR AN ANSEWSWER AND MOST IMPORTANTLY A CURE.

To the best of my knowledge there is no cure for nerve damage. Only the nerve can heal itself, and if it's going to do so, it takes a very long time. I have no hope of this.

And aren't surgeons protected out the wa-zoo, except in the area of extreme-neglect? So yes, someone during my surgery screwed up, but no one is ever going to admit to it. And there is no cure for a damaged nerve that I've ever found.

My father is going through the same situation. His right hip was replaced first in 2007 and his never is still dead. Will it ever recover?