How long after laser gum surgery is the healing process? What can be done to speed the healing process? When can you resume a normal diet and chew meats comfortably? What are some symtoms to expect after laser gum surgery?

The healing process s not that long. I just had it done today and h said it will take four days to heal completely. You can eat anything. Just as long as you are comfortable. Hope this helps..

I agree with the poster above me. I know that it's pretty normal recovery and as far as speeding the healing process, you can't really do much but just wait it out. The best you can do is just take it easy on yourself so that you don't prolong the recovery phase. There's nothing worse than injuring yourself further! If anything appears to be out of the ordinary, you should call your dentist of physician to make sure that they can assure you that things are proceeding normally.

Good luck in your recovery! Let us know how things have gone.

WHAT!!! Just had the other half of mouth done.....6 days after first surgery. Teeth are sensitive, especially to cold. I tried, but was unable to "chew" (soft) food on first side. I think it'll take about 30-60 days for healing.

Mostly the laser periodontal therapy is using for gum diseases it wills physically removing the bacteria, plaque and calculus from underneath our gums. Removing the bacteria which cause periodontal disease can be done in several ways; it is free floating in our mouth and return to our teeth and gums overtime. Antibiotics can sometimes help but only temporarily. Calculus also originates from our saliva and will always return, it stick the tooth surface and cannot removed by brushing and flossing alone.