I'm 56 years old and had three wisdom teeth extracted 4 months ago (1 upper left, two lower). The procedure went as well as it could have. Apparently the bottom two needed to be split and removed from the jaw, the upper simply extracted. None of them were impacted, all were visible (although not as "tall" as the molars next to them). It took a week or so for the post-operative pain to subside and tissue to heal with very little bleeding, most of which was done by the 2nd day. The stitches dissolved or fell out in the follwing few weeks.
Most years, in the early spring (now), I have a slight reaction to the budding trees and flowers; nothing particularly uncomfortable, just some mild cold-like symptoms. These will normally dissipate pretty quickly, within a week or two. This year however, four months following the surgery, the left side of my jaw, both upper and lower has developed pain, mostly on the lower left side. The pain is usually activated by eating, although it is not per se', pressure sensitive. The pain subsides pretty quickly after "using" my jaw (ie eating, yawning). I called the Oral Surgeon, there's nothing on the surface, so without further tests, nothing can be determined. I've read everything I could find but it mostly refers to complications immediately following the surgery. I can eliminate most of the late complications I've read about. Here's my question: Is anyone familiar with late onset sinus trouble, developing in the area(s) that the wisdom teeth used to fill? Since these teeth are so close to the sinuses and since I am so much older than the normal Wisdom Tooth patient, is this somewhat common? Thanks.

Look into TMJ. Find a specialist if you haven't already. Or, it could be sinuses. I hope you're doing better.

Hello, maybe it is not a good thing for me to answer right now, because you have posted this one year ago, but I really want to know what has happened to you? I mean, as far as I know, you should not be in pain for that long after wisdom tooth extraction, right? Whomever I was talking to, they told me that this should disappear in like eight days - the most! But, it has been almost a month since I have removed my tooth and I am still in pain, whatever I do. I went to see my dentist about this and he told me that everything is OK and that my recovery process is going ok...Not sure...