Im not sure wether I should see a doctor or not with my symptoms, as I am a full time student with little time on my hands. A few days ago all the sudden when I stood up and stretched my abdominal muscles, I feel a strange shooting pain in my bladder and in my lower stomache region. The pain intensifies when I stretch and arch my back backwards. It feels similar to a bladder infection, yet I show no symtoms of this being the case. If anyone has suggestions as to what could be the cause, I would be very greatful.
Marc

Hi Marc! What position are you usually in when you are studying?

This happens to me often when I sit for a very long time at the desk because this is how I study most of the time. I didn’t figure out what the exact cause is but it help when I get up from the table and stretch myself from time to time.
Did you say you have no other bladder/urinary infection symptoms? There is no frequency in urination, pain during urination or during sex?
My friend had interstitial cystitis and she had that same pain and pressure in the bladder and lower stomach. But she also had problems during sex and the pain was on and off, so she had it checked. This is more common in girls but you never know.

Another thing that reminds me of pain while stretching is hernia. It happens when the part of the intestines through a weak area in the abdominal wall. However, you would probably have a lump in the groins or/and swelling in one of the testicles. If hernia ever causes pain, it is with stretching or even coughing, sneezing and similar activities.

I know that your schedule may be busy, but I would have it checked just in case and get it over with. If this continues to bother you, it is highly unlikely you will be able to concentrate.

From Stephanie

Marc- I am experiencing the exact symptoms that you did in February. I was wondering what came of your situation, did you get checked? I also do not have time to waste going to a doctor. I already went once and the results of the ultrasound were negative for gallstones yet I have continued with the same pain in my right shoulder and abdominal and back muscles. When I sneeze, I want to just die. It feels like it's ripping my back muscles.

Hey, I just wanted to throw this possibility out there. 

Interstitial cystitis, a kind of inflamed bladder, causes a sharp pain in your pelvic region that reaches toward the genitals. It also causes pain between the testicles and anus in guys, a constant urge to urinate, bladder pain, and pain during sex. 

It happens more often in women than men, and when it does strike guys, interstitial cystitis usually affects people over 30 - that's not you if you're a full-time student, most likely. The fact remains that you won't know what's going on with you unless you see a doctor, so I think you should make time for that.

i too have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. it has been plaguing me for 15 years. it has not gotten worse or better and does not always occur.

full bladder
stretch
sharp pain off center in area between belly button and groin
curling or bending over relieves pain
urinating for an hour after is extremely painful and flow is sometimes weak.

because this pain always happens because of a full bladder i make sure i pee often :-)

i did go 2 years several times without this problem, but it always came back.

true cause unknown.

hey there,

i am a 21 year old female student and the main problem i have been having is a dull ache in the bladder region left of my stomach. Ive been having it on and off for a year, sometimes painful when i go to the toilet or sit down. i find it difficult to urinate at will at times as my stomach area hurts from a deep ache.
I would like help in this issue incase its somehting trivial i do not want to trouble my GP.

please get back to me!

Isobel

Im 17 and I have the same thing....i have to pee often and it hurts if I dont pee soon......
Im a digital artist so I spend time sitting at a desk drawing on Phootshop.
I think this has hurt me....I dunno.
I also have to pee STRAIGHT AWAY when I wake up in the morning cuz it hurts :-(

I also get this its good to know I'm not alone, I believe it is linked to either dehydration or an influx of chemical pollutants in your system like energy drinks coffee ect. whenever I get this I make sure to drink lots of water and pee if I feel I need to even a little hope this helps

I am experiencing the same pain in my bladder. I believe it is a strained or torn Iliopsoas muscle (hip flexor muscle - it ranges from the hip, through parts of the stomach, and connects in the spine). My physical therapist has been kneading the muscle (a little too hard in my opinion) to relieve my back pain and all of a sudden I woke up with this weird pain in my bladder. Like some of you said, it feels like it should be an infection, but is not. I've been on antibiotics, so it is definitely not a uti or bladder infection. The iliopsoas muscle, when injured, can spasm and make all of the surrounding organs and muscles spasm along with it. I addressed my concerns with my physical therapist and he told me this muscle is strained but that I should feel better in a few days. I am on bed-rest and have been icing my hip-stomach area where the iliopsoas runs. I hope this works! and I hope this helps someone else. I will repost in a few days with how I'm feeling. Hope everyone feels better too!

I am 17 I have had this same problem for as long as I remember. It happens around 2-5 times a year, and out of nowhere my lower abdomen area and groin have a shooting pain that lasts for about 15-30 minutes, and intensifies when I go pee. I am glad to know that I am not alone on this and I don't have some rare disease.

Exact same issue as described by several here. 29 M, symptoms infrequent but consistent since teens or so? Definitely correlates with strain of those muscles in some way/bladder fullness. Anyone on this thread ever discover more information?

I dont do any drugs drink or smoke im a 15 yr old football player i get this same pain right between the bellybutton and and were the hair is on your pewe,the lower adomen. It is off season and we doalot of squat upperbody an powerclean at the end of a session we do abs and my stomach did not start hurting until the bus ride home then i had to pee and the pain was so excrutiating i just wanted to diiiiieeeee the best thing to do (wich im doing right now) isto lay in your bed curl up in fetal baby position drink water and sleep.i am doing this right now it works but if i have to pee im screwed. This pain make me feel like a baby because i am a d-linemen in highschool i also dont drink sodas or juice often to stay in shape but i still get this.

Yep. That's the same thing, alright. Years ago I asked a urologist about it, but it was too vague and inconsistent for him to have a diagnosis. Even the bladder-cam showed nothing. Anyone else seen or going to see a doctor about this issue? Maybe with better luck to share with us?

I am havin pain my bladder and below my navel region. The pain is intense at times when I move around a lot or do physical activities. Someone help me find answers.

I'm having the SAME PROBLEM!!! It only occurs for about a day around 3-6 times a year... I'm a 13 year old female and I've been having this problem since the end of 5th grade and into the beginning of 6th. I haven't started my period yet and I'm going into high school next year. When I stretch back or arch my back too much I feel a sharp pain below my belly button. I really feel an extreme stretch... I don't know if it's the muscles or my organs but it hurts pretty darn bad... But the good thing is, is that it only lasts a day... But it always has the worst timing. Like one time I went to a trampoline park with my cousins and it started there and I had it on my sisters birthday party... But I usually wake up with it but occasionally it will come in the middle of the day... I want to fix this problem but I don't know how :(