Hello! I am 27 year-old male and four days ago I started having pain while urinating. The first day I felt it I thought maybe it is just a coincidence, smaller infection or something but the pain is not going away but is present only when I urinate. I haven’t had sex in 3 months, so it isn’t an STD. What other causes could there be? Thank you!

It doesn’t have to mean that if you haven’t had sex in 3 months that it is not an STD. In some STDs, symptoms don’t even show or show later. But if you were tested, then it is ok. Some other conditions that involve pain while urinating are urinary tract infection, urethritis, prostatitis, interstitial cystitis, radiation cystitis and urinary retention. As you can see, there are a couple of conditions that may cause urinary discomfort, so why not check yourself to be sure.