Hi. I had UTI. I have recovered, but I still feel abdominal pain. Is it normal to have persistent lower abdominal pain after treated infection? Is it possible to have one UTI after another? I am starting to feel an urge to pee again. Please help.

Hi. Yes, it is possible to have one UTI after another. I had problems with recurrent infections. I treated myself, but I guess my treatment wasn`t complete. Or maybe I am just too sensitive. Many women have UTI more than once. My doctor told me to take low doses of nitrofurantoin every day for six months. Six months is a long time. So I have decided to get a second opinion. Luckily I did. The other doctor told me to try drinking cranberry or bearberry tea. The reaction was unbelievable. I have no problem at all now. A year has passed and I still feel nothing, no lower abdominal pain, no urge to pee, no burning sensation… I feel great! I would check it out, anyway. Maybe it got complicated or something.

Please get tested for Chlamydia, mycoplasma, and ureaplasma. You may have the beginning of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. I went misdiagnosed for 3 years. You DO NOT want to go through what I did, nor do you want to be mislabeled with Interstitial Cystitis, at which point all the doctors write you off, and don't even try to find what is causing it. In the meantime, these organisms are destroying your bladder and reproductive system.

May I ask how your issue was solved? I'm afraid I'm going through something similar. Thanks!