hi! for the past month about twice a week ive been having severe midback pain radiating to upper abdomen below sternum around ribs and below breast.it starts mild then to excruciating pain in a matter of minutes usually lasting 20-30mins.also cannot take in deep breaths when this is happening.I also found that if i twist my torso side to side the pain goes????very odd?? %-) any help much appreciated...

I would look up information on Gall bladder problems. I have the same thing that has been going on since I was about 20. I have been told that they are attacks. Hope this helps, I know how painful they are.

Hallo,
I might be mistaking here, because there are several reasons that this pain might occur, but I think that you have kidney problems. To be more precise I think that you have kidney stones that are causing this pain. Your kidney are located in your mid back, and when you develop stones in your kidneys sometimes your urinary canals get blocked so there is obstruction in flow of your urine. So you will experience pain and the thing is that the pain will only get worse until you get rid of your stones. There are several ways to do this, from different medication to shockwave ultrasound therapy. You should talk to your doctor about option, but first do a urine test to confirm this condition.
I hope that this helped a bit.

I have had the same symptoms but my pain is constant until I lay down. I had Thoraci surgery 2 years and keep thinking its related but then I hear about others having the same problems. What the heck?