I had my gallbladder removed in June this year. Soon after the surgery I developed dull pain in upper abdomen which radiating through the back. Pain went away short after but now it is back again. I don’t know if it is connected somehow with surgery.

Gallbladder removal is a major abdominal operation and certain amounts of postoperative pain are not uncommon. Abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting may occur. Think that you should be worried about is that you are experiencing same symptoms few months later. I can’t say what dull pain in upper abdomen which radiating through the back refers on, but it is certain that you need professional medical help. Don’t wait too long!

Hallo,
Gallbladder surgery is not very complicated one but your body needs to adjust that it doesn’t have a place to store all that bile that is produced by your liver. Your bile is sent directly to your stomach and sometimes if there is too much of it you will experience pain. Your body might have healed itself from the surgery but your bile production will not always be the same. I think that you have to be told by your doctor about supplements that you can use to control this. There are medication that can be use to bring your bile production to normal. Diet is very important part of this process as well.
I hope that this helped in any way