I have been getting a very sharp pain on the right side of my abdomen for a number of months now. I only get the pain when I do something strenuous, such as jogging or sit-ups/crunches, but once I get the pain I have to take it really easy for a while after that to avoid getting the pain again. Sometimes if the pain comes, I can extend my time jogging by pushing deeply on the spot where the pain is coming from. Also, the pain seems to be radiating to my back on the right hand side - as that spot often feels sore or achy. Whenever I get the pain I get a faint rash on the spot where the pain is coming from. The rash is an area of faint pinkish/reddish splotches that is NOT raised or itchy whosoever. In fact, if I weren't to look at the rash I would not even be aware of its presence.

I have gone to my doctor - who took a urine sample and found both bacteria and blood in my urine and assumed I had kidney stones. I was then sent for a CT scan, only to discover that I do not have kidney stones. My doctor then suggested it may be ovarian cysts and I have an appointment for an ultrasound scheduled. Yet, I just don't think this is ovarian cysts.

Any help out there?

you're not alone....this has been happening to me too. It is the kind of pain that can bring you to your knees...it happens to me when I jog, after about 15 minutes..I have not seen a doctor yet.

I am also having this pain when I run and trying to do sit ups no idea what it is. just been to doctors awaiting results of urine test