Hi, my mother is 67 years old and she is suffering from osteoporosis. The problem is, she has just broken her arm and it seems like it happened more easily because of the osteoporosis. Is that possible? I need to now that because she might have similar problems in the future…

Osteoporosis brings a lot of risk for breaking a bone because it reduces the density of the bone which makes it a lot more sustainable to an injury. This means that there is a chance this might happen again, so she has to be extra careful. This also means that she has to maintain her osteoporosis therapy properly, to reduce that chance for breaking a bone.

from my point of view the elderly are more fragile then kids and teens and some adults but i think and i'm not sure osteoporosis either infects the broken body part and makes it hurt even more then it does or makes more risk of bone breaking but i dont know.