Hi, my daughter suffers from anorexia nervosa, and I heard that she is in risk of getting osteoporosis. Is it true? Can anorexia really cause osteoporosis?

Hi, it happened to me. I have the first symptoms of osteoporosis because I was anorexic. Nine years ago, I was under lot of pressure because I worked as a model. I started starving because I had to be really thin to keep my job. Than I discovered diet pills, that made my diet easier, and finally I got psychically addicted to laxatives. It all happened so fast, I wasn’t aware of the danger. However, I became anorexic, and now I suffer because of it. A doctor told me that I have the first symptoms of osteoporosis. Lack of calcium and the other minerals were destroying my bones all these years, and now I have to cope with the consequences. In few years from now, when my osteoporosis progresses, every little pressure to my bones will be able to make a fracture. Make your daughter treat anorexia as soon as possible.