Hi, I suffer from osteopenia and I’m afraid it could lead to osteoporosis. My T-score is low, and I’m not sure what it means. Will it be different after treatment?

Hi, my wife was diagnosed with osteoporosis few years ago, when she was hospitalized because she broke a leg. Her T-score was lower than -2.5, which is characteristic for her condition. T-score calculating is important, because it warns people on possible disorders in bone mineral density. Healthy people have a T-score 0, and anything lower or above is not normal. After treatment with estrogen and calcium, her T-score was a little higher as a result of bone mass improving. This is a radiographic diagnosing with X-rays. It doesn’t imply what are the causes, just shows the consequences. If you suffer from osteopenia, you should immediately start with a treatment before it turns into something more serious.