I am currently having moderate to severe pain in my upper left abdomen. The pain feels like my insides are twisting or sticking together. The pain is constant and is only in the one place. I had a barium enema x-ray done a few weeks ago and that came back clear. However, the doctors are sending me for an ultrasound this week as they x-ray showed up something in the exact area that I am getting the pain. Problem is, they don't have a clue what it is!!!

The pain is getting pretty bad now and even whilst typing this the pain can be so sharp it takes my breath away. I have lost weight recently too and more since this pain became constant.

I have 3 young children who lost their dad a few years ago so cannot afford to be ill.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated as I am starting to worry now.

Thanks.

Do not worry. That's the first and foremost thing I can tell you. Be concerned, care about the welfare of the kids that you take care of, but worrying will only get you worked up and it causes unnecessary stress. Doctors run tests to make sure that they know what something is, so that's what they're doing right now. I'm certain that they will find out what this is and be able to help you. In the meantime, try to relax and let us know how things turn out.