I'm 24 years old and for the past year or so, I've been experiencing strange stomach pains...almost like spasms. They're right in the center of my stomach and only last for a few seconds, but come and go every few minutes for about 2 or 3 hours. It feels like my insides are being twisted and burned, and then nausea follows...but, as soon as the pain subsides, the nausea disappears...until the pain comes back again. It's been happening more often lately...maybe a couple days a week. I've been trying to research my symptoms online, but can't find anything that matches. I thought maybe it could be acid reflux, but it's very seldom that I get heartburn. I plan on seeing a doctor, but I wanted to get some idea of what it could possibly be first. Any information or advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi! I had similar problems when I was found to have gastritis. Although you would think these GI problems happens to adults only, more and more young people are suffering from it.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining and it may be caused by H. pylori bacteria but it could also occur due to stress, regular use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen and stuff, especially if one has been taking them on an empty stomach.
I had to have endoscopy done, my stool and blood tested, had a special H, pylori test that luckily showed up negative.
I am sure it was due to stress and nothing else.
I had to take two courses of medications and be careful about what I eat, so stomach juices wouldn’t irritate the lining more than necessary.
Besides gastritis, your pain could be a sign of a stomach ulcer because that is what my doctor suspected besides gastritis.

Hi, my girlfriend is having these pains. She is scared she might be pregnant. But everything in the discription fits what she is going threw. I am telling her she will be fine but she is worried.

She's also saying her ribs hurt. I don't understand. She also got hit with a rugby ball on Thursday right on the overy section pretty hard by a girl on her team. There was also girls hitting her with there shoulder in the same spot. Plz give some
info!!

Hi. I am 23/f and am having exactly the same twisting, squeezing pain in my stomach, centered just below my sternum. It comes about every 1-2 minutes and lasts only a few seconds, followed by a wave of nausea and sometimes a feeling of reflux (like a lump moving up my throat and sometimes a sour taste). If I eat or drink more than a relatively small amount, I start feeling it coming up my throat and have even thrown up a couple of times. However when I throw up it isn't like a complete emptying of the stomach; it seems like just enough to keep my stomach from having to stretch at all. This started two nights ago but really got worse yesterday, so I went to the doctor. She said she suspects gastritis and did a blood test for h. pylori (don't have results yet). In the meantime, she prescribed an acid blocker and something for stomach cramps. The acid blocker doesn't seem to help at all, and I am waiting for the pharmacy to order the stomach cramp medicine. I took alka-seltzer with pain reliever yesterday but quickly threw it up. I also started taking otc stool softeners/laxatives yesterday on doctor's recommendations. I'm frustrated and in pain, so I have been googling constantly trying to find answers. Does anyone have any information or ideas??

'im a 16 year old male and ive been experiencing the same thing for a few months now.

i am having the same symptoms and also i havent gone to see a doctor yet because i have no time actually.... and now the stomache ache is leading to a back ache which also lasts for a few a seconds...please i need an asnwer to know to which doctor i should go to

Hi i had a similar trouble and i couldnt find the exact problem. Later i consulted a doctor who told me to go in for a Barium meal test where in he discovered malrotation of stomach. I am undergoing treatment for the same. Thanks to him atleast i came to know what the problem with my body.

this is happening to me and im 15 i think it is because of taking pills on a empty stomach since i have a cold how do i get rid of these aches iv had them for about a day now and they only feel better when i eat

Im Benjamin, I have recently woke up with sharp pains in my stomach, I went to work thinking it would be alright but it comes and goes every so often.

I'm going to leave it for 1 more night to see if it goes but after that, if im still feeling pain I will go see my docter

hi im 12 years old and i had the stomach twisitng to the doctors belive its stomach cancer you should get it checked just to be safe

I feel your frustration. I am over 20-years with the same thing. My nervous system is over sensed now and I have no patience. I have been checked for ulcer, acid-reflux, GERD, and Cancer. If one more person says it 's my nerves that cause me stomach aches I am ready to pop. If I didn't have the pain I would not be sooooooo nervous and stressed. Yup done diet changes, exercise, meditation/relaxation techniques and meds for things I don't have. I would like to reach into my abdomen and give it a relaxing massage but can't do that. I am now having my intestines checked (upper), and am to the point please find something to stop the pain and digestion affect, etc. Walking is the only thing that helps when I have spells of pain, vomiting and poop problems. Keep asking, for help with nature-paths, doctors with knowledge (NOT GP'S - they just wanna give you drugs for pain), and other people who experience this. I would have never though to have my intestines checked. Take care.

Im 16 as well and are having the same symptoms do you feel like your abs almost so to say pop when you twist or lie on your side and do you get bad cramps when exercising

Use pepto it helped me. I had it for 3 days drank pepto and wala...gone.

I dont kmow if I have it and it co es and goes every 3 to 4 second it hurt really bad