I have a sudden problem that won't go away, when I was 14 my knee suddenly started to hurt/lock up for days and days which lead me to stop playing spots and has had a reinsurance. I am now 21 and about 4 months ago the pain came back and went after a couple of days, now its back again with vengeance and accompanied with the pain is a cycling head ache. I have seen my family doctor, specialist and even went to the hospital and they have found nothing, its been 9 HORRIBLE days and when I say horrible I mean taking a perk an hour later the headache is back with SHOOTING pain from my knee making my foot go numb and it travels up my spine making my headache worse, its torturous. My doctor started me on Tylenol 3 which took away the pain for 15 minutes and now I'm on Ratio-oxycocet 5/325 that seems to take it away for an hour and going to physio, I know painkillers are not the answer because all they do is mask the pain. I stretch every day, ride a bike, even take at least 5min break from sitting because I'm in IT at school sitting throughout the day, and I eat kinda healthy, once a week I'll get some McDonalds.

I've had a CT of my head, X-ray of my leg, my specialists says it could be a pinched nerve in my back but that's not whats causing my head ache. My doctor will not give me anything past Ratio-oxycocet /physio without a diagnoses.

Is their any explanations for these symptoms, has anyone experienced or have any suggestions I can tell my doctor to try or any techniques that will help me cope with the pain, I've tried hot cloths/cold cloths on my knee/head it works but as soon as I stop applying it the pain is back, I even put weights on both my hamstring and calf but then my knee starts to kill cause it cant shoot pain anywhere else and I cant sit there 24/7 re-soaking everything and applying again, I am in severe pain and I can't focus on anything, I'm trying hard not to go into depression here but the pain is constant and not dying down unless I'm on medications and that's not a life I want to experience especially at my age where I am perfectly healthy.

Any Suggestions/Long-term pain copers Please help

A knee that locks up usually means a torn knee cartilage (meniscus). I wonder if you have ever had x-ray or MRI scan of your knee joint performed. I suggest seeing an orthopedic specialist for further evaluation. Knee support will help reduce pain and improve mobility.

Hi hoseclamps,

I've had x-ray and MRI scan of my knee and was told apparently some of the cartilage is "soft" and my orthopedic specialist thinks I may have pinched a nerve in my back so I'm getting an x-ray of my back. I borrowed my dad's knee brace but the shooting pain is what occurs. This morning I was awoken by a full out attack on my lower left back, I can't rest on my left side now, the shooting pain has seemed to lessen but it may just be masked by my lower back burning I also I woke up today with a head ache and burning sensation at the top of my head.

Update:

I went to see a natural path and he thinks this may have been caused by the medication given for my kidney infection I had 6 months ago, I still get 1 hr a sleep a night, the bags under my eyes are becoming 3 instead of 2, and I haven't even had an increase on pain meds, I'm is so much pain. The ER tells me to go to my family doctor and my family doctor tell s me she doesn't know what to do with me. PRETTY SCREWED
UP!

I agree that a sharp pain in the lower back may have been caused by kidney infection. Have you tried cranberry juice yet? Cranberry juice is a natural remedy for urinary tract infections. The antihistamine in otc cold medication can help you sleep better. Make sure you read the label so that you won't overdose yourself. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I wish you the very best.