for a few years now i have had off and on sharp stabbing pain in my cervix and vaginal area.i also have abnormal uterine bleeding that has had me in the er enough times to have my gyn do a laporoscopy and put me on the marina to stop my periods completely.they only found non cancerous fibrous tissue on my uterus that was removed and that my uterus was tilted backwards a fair amount but nothing that would cause me problems he said.i do get bleeding after intercourse and paps and always have a lot of discharge. i have been to my gyn a number of times and have been checked for a lot of things but the only thing they ever find is a common infection that they treat and that's it.latly the pain is getting worse and more frequent and wide spread.it gets so bad it makes me grab my genital area in agony as the throbbing goes from my cervix to my entire vaginal area.im getting desperate and dont understand why im having this pain evin when i dont have any infections.please help.if you have any advice i would be very grateful.

There are no pain receptors in the cervix, so the pain may be coming from the uterus or elsewhere in your pelvic. The bleeding after sex could be from the uterus or elsewhere in your vagina.  If your partner's penis was striking your cervix hard you would feel a pain between your shoulder blades from the uterine ligaments being stretched. It is painful when he enters your vagina? Has your gyn done a pelvic ultrasound on you. Sorry I had more questions than answers for you.

well im not currently sexually active but yes i have had ultrasounds done.i also bleed after i have exams as well and im now having a lot of swelling in my vaginal wall.its almost like i have a hard lump in their.i do know that my uterus it tilted backwards and i did have a mass of fibrous tissue removed wen they did a laporoscopy on me.but it was non cancerous.he did say that it would probably grow back eventually but didnt tell me weather that would cause me problems or not.i got the marina IUD put in because i had saveir abnormal uterine bleeding.i was literally bleeding pools on the floor.my periods stopped all together for a wile after i got the IUD but now all of a sudden the pain is getting worse and more frequent and now im spotting up to 5 times a month for up to 3 days in a row.iv been in to my gyno and he has done exams to check that the iud is in place and that i am free of infections so im not sure why im having this trouble.but the pain is very isolated to my vaginal area.