I am facing surgery (partial hysterectomy) for uterine fibroids in Feb 2007. I have so many questions and I'm having a lot of anxiety about this procedure. I am 43 yrs old and I have no children. My fibroids are 8cm in size and I look about 3months pregnant. I'm physically fit. This is embarrasing but here goes Q do you have vaginal secretions months or years after surgery from your cervix and does it have a different odor than a normal healthy woman with a uterus. Does the discharge come from the abdomen because their is no uterus and how does this affect oral sex. Does the scent change. Q will my ovaries die after the uterus is removed. Q where does the egg go and will I have any bleeding from my cervix and experience symptoms like a period also will my body inside start to move in together because their is no support from my uterus. I'm saddened about not being able to conceive a child but everyone is discouraging me to even consider keeping my uterus because of my age. Please help I feel so helpless and scared. Thanks[/list]

hi , marguerite , read about black strap molasses many women's problems are solved by a tablespoon or two a day of course you have to be careful with iron but this works for many people .

I had a partial hysterectomy 16 yrs ago on Halloween. I can say that I haven not found there to be much difference with discharge. I think because there are still ovaries, and the body still goes through a cycle. No problems sexually, and oral sex I would say is even better because there is never a period. This has been my experience, I hope it helps.