I am 25 yr old currently on birth control pills. After intercourse, I experience sharp pains in my lower abdomen/pelvis area. Its very painful and feels uncomfortble and bloated. The symptoms last for about a day or so. This is the second time this has happened. Is there a need to be concerned? How can it be prevented? Is it because of condoms?

Hi...Sheetal...I'm having the same problem...this is also probably my second time having this pain but right after intercourse I have severe pain in my lower abdomen which is usually constant pain...it can't be condoms because me and my husband dont use them...i'm on birthcontrol too...but I will try and find the answer and get back to you on it.

THe same goes for me...except i am not on birth control.
i went to the doctors and he just said my husband must have injured my inside..it just deosnt seem right to be in that much pain.

It could be Chlamydia (not sure how its spelt). I had the same problem and it got so bad I went to see a doctor and it was chlamydia. No other symptoms, only pain after sex. Go and get it checked out by a professional as if it is chlamydia, it can do some serious damage to you.

hi-im so glad im not the only one! i just wish i had some answers. unfourtunatly i have more questions. my pain just started recently this last week. wednesday night i started hurting during sex. its this excruciating pain in my legs, back, abdomen and rectum(and no-we dont do the backdoor!) its like all my muscles are in a vice. it lasted about 30 min. i couldnt breath or walk-all i could do is lay on my back and cry. so i went to the doctor on saturday for a pap-i wondered if my iud had shifted. the doc said everything was fine. so saturday night i had sex again with my husband and immediatly after we were done the pain started in again! why cant i find any answers? ive been searching online all morning and i keep coming up with almost a overload of things it could be. i guess ill have to go and get a second opinon.

Hi, Im really concerned about the pains I am having. Its the same pain I had last year after sex and it turned out to be a Cyst on my left Ovary and it ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery. Im going to the OB today for a check up but this morning me and my husband had sex again and the same sharp pain as if Im sitting on a sharp knife is killing me when I move. I want an xray of my abdomianl area and a ultrasound. I suggest a Ultrasound and Abdominal Xray for all...

i am having really sharp pains after sex. this is only the second time but it makes me want to cry and not move. my current boyfriend is the first that i have had sex with and i am his first. i know it is not an std. but what is it? how can i make it stop??? I cant move it hurts so bad

hi, i don't think that it is too much to worry about. i get pain in my lower abdomen that is very similar to menstrual cramps and bloating. i think it is just that he hits your cervix or vaginal wall wrong and thats what causes the pain. (i think it's like a bruise) it should go away in a few days to maybe even a week. try abstaining from sexual activities until you feel it is healed. if the problem keeps happening, i would see a doctor. for me it only happens when we are a little too rough.

hope that helps!

having the same problem. it feels like extreme gas pains or crazy cramps. Its only starting hurting yesterday after sex and lasted until i went to sleep and didn't hurt at all today and then just recently after sex and is hurting right now. Its a very tight feeling that sometimes reaches into my stomach which might make me think i would be pregnant. I am not on birth control but also recently quit smoking and drinking soda so im not sure if that has anything to do with it. just good to know im not the only one out there.

I have had this happen to me 2 times.  After having sex with my husband I have gotten such excrucutating pains in my lower stomach/pelvis area to where I break into a sweat.  Now I have had 3 children all with no pain meds and this pain is just as bad as labor pains maybe even a little more intense.  The first time I layed and the bathroom floor because it was cold and I was dripping in sweat.  This pain last for about 20 mins and then subsides.  This last time I have had some spotting the next day.  I have made an appt with my OB/GYN so I will explain to him and maybe get some answers.  But I am scared to have sex because of this!  I don't know what to do.

did u find out what it was? :(

I get the same thing but during sexual intercourse and never after It's always on my sides of my pelvis and my uterus and my ovaries feel like their being squashed and it really hurts

So my girlfriend had to be rushed to the hospital just now because she got an unbearable pain just above her pelvic bone. I was forced to go to work so her family took her to the hospital. Any ideas on what could be going on? A couple days ago she said it felt like I was hitting something. She has missed her period for 2 months but is not pregnant (she rarely gets it and we don't know why.) If anyone has any answers for me please feel free to reply. As of right now I'm left in the dark considering her family will not keep me posted on what's going on.. Thanks

Im having that same exact pain during and after sex. And its hard doing the restroom. It feels like im sitting on a knife. I even cry. But it only happens when i do it a certain position. Some please give me some answers.): i'd appreciate it so much.

Hi okay so I have the same thing and have had it for years which is hard for me and my husband but I know what mine is... I have endrometreosis... They couldn't find it on any test and no birth control controlled it so I made them do an exploritory surgery and they found it... I also get huge cysts like the size or large grapefuites... And that doesn't help... Hope this helped