hello. i have been having sex for a few yers now, i'm 19. ever since i first had sex it has been painful for me. my boyfriend has a 7 inch penis and can only enter me about 4.5 inches before he feels as though he can go no further inside me. i went to a doctor who examined me and said everything is normal and the vagina should stretch when "turned on" and fully lubricated etc, but it does not. i feel a deep pain when he penetrates me and i am wondering if what he is hitting is my cervix? is there anything i can do about this because it is really affecting me and i love having sex but also hate the pain etc. also my boyfriend said "imagine how nice it would be if i could get all the way in..." making me feel more pressured and upset about it... :-(. pleaseee help. or is anyone in the same stuation?

i had this problem with my current partner, he has over an 8 inch penis and a couple of times during penetration it started hurting,once so bad afterwards i was left on the bed in tears and couldnt move.. i had to make an emergency appointment at the doctors, basically she examined me checking for infections ect, nothing was found..the doctor said my cervix was quite far back and had difficulty reaching it.. ever since shes had a mess around inside ive felt no pain, my guess is hes hitting your cervix.. other than that i have no idea :S sorry

I was the same, im 19 n been having sex for a few years then about 6months ago it started to be really painful went to the docs had same chat, tests etc anyways..im not sure what caused it, everything is fine, tho i was pretty stressed out n alot was happening at this time but after a couple of months, about 3 or 4, it jus kind of went away!
Id recommend havin a chat with your boyfriend and make sure everything is cool between you guys, i think mine was more emotional n was keeping alot to myself n it jus helped to get all the stresses out there for me, at least i think this may be what did it!
May be connected to your contraception?? this happened to a friend that started using the depo injection - may be worth checking with ur dr.
Hope you get it sorted xx

The pain is most likely due to him hitting your cervix. This happens to me all the time and is quite unpleasant. If you let it go on it can turn from a sharp stabbing pain to an achy pain that lasts long after the sex is over.
Anatomically, your cervix and uterus should get pulled up when you are sufficiently aroused, however many women think that they are aroused enough once they are lubricated enough. Sometimes it takes a little more arousal to get the cervix to rise than it does to get the vagina lubricated. So perhaps try a little more foreplay before he penetrates you and if it hurts still make him go shallower to just stop. It's not worth having that pain just so he can have an orgasm. There are other ways for both of you to have orgasms which can be more intense and more fun.

Thankyou.
I'm 28 been with my partner for 11 years and three children and I've been getting stabbing pain in my cervix during sex and for a while afterwards.
Really appreciate that someone knows what's happening here, they're willing to share and there's nothing actually wrong.

I had painful sex for 15 years ever since the first time i tried.

The following factors make sex much more comfortable

-make sure you are completely aroused before penetration...you may think you are aroused, but you really need to make sure, because when truly aroused, your vagina expands and lubricates...if it doesnt do this you will feel tight and a burning sensation in your vagina. Make sure your boyfriend gives you lots of foreplay!

-You might find that finding a partner with a smaller penis (both length and width) might help you immensely. I found that i was with a partner who was too wide and it caused my vagina to clench up and not allow him to go in all the way (may be a minor form of vaganismus)

-I also noticed less friction with an uncircumsized penis

-I also ask my partner not to penetrate too deep

-If you are having pain when your cervix is touched this could mean that you have endometriosis. Your GYN will have to perform a laproscopy to diagnose tis condition.

Now I have pain free sex 90% of the time

Hope this helps

Guest,
You seem to know a lot about this topic so I do hope that you get a chance to reply to me. As you said above the vagina expands when aroused. This is when I feel pain, only when the vagina expands. I have been trying to find a name for this type of pain and I can't seem to find anything. Am afraid that this pain is caused by my fibromyalgia. I don't know what to do, any information will help.
Thanks,
Laura

Hi... um ive been having the same problem except i know im aroused it dont hurt in certain positions and i went to the dr a month back and asked about it, she said its because my cervix was facing up or somethin like that i dont remember but she also told me i could fix that with a simple exercise but idk if im doin it right cause it dont really help... does anybody know anything bout this?

I have pain in my cervix during and after sex only if the man's penis is big.  Everyone is a different "size" and not all women have the space to accomodate larger penis'.  My last boyfriend was very average and it was great for me because i never had pain.  The guy i am seeing now is much bigger and it hits me in a very painful place.  I never want to have sex with him its just not worth it.  Sometimes i have pain for hours after, and have even had bleeding as if my period started when its not due.

The doctor has also told me "nothing is wrong".  I really think its a size issue.  Good news for all the guys worried about being big enough, for some of us girls, big is not good.

hope this helps someone. 

I also have pain in my cervix during sex, Mostly if he goes in too deep. However, I have had an ultrasound and a laprascopy and my doc still hasn't found anything. I am now being treated for endometriosis. pretty much as a blind last resort. I really don't want to mask the pain, I want it to go away. Most of the time i end up in tears, from physical and emotional pain. I would say that its because he goes in too deep but we ahve been together for almost 6 years and it didn't start until 2 years into our relationship. I am glad someone else knows how I feel, even though I would never wish this on anyone.

My husband's penis is 12 inches long. I am always in pain. My back hurts most of the time. I asked my doctor about it and she acted like I was making it up- the size and the pain. I guess I need a new doctor. I finally decided to look online and am happy that I am not alone. I was beginning to think it must just be me. So what do you do if you are aroused fully and it still hurts?

Yoga helps tremendously!!! :D

I have this problem too. Im actually about to go out for a booty call, lol and Im trying to find ways to stop the cervix from being touched. Whoever it was that said the uterus and cervix rises when fully aroused, thank you. I can't stand that pain. Sometimes though if you pretend you like it and kind of "let go" and not worry about the pain, it still hurts but feels good sort of. 

The best way is to only do it with guys who have a short penis. The other way would be to lie flat. Bent over doggie style shortens your vagina so his penis can reach your cervix and my wife used to really dislike that. Don't let him hold your knees up around your ears>:(

I was having painful sex during intercourse and I found out I had cervical dysplasia. After having most of my cervix removed I still Have the pain. It is very helpful knowing my uterus and cervix goes higher upon arousal.