Hello, folks. I must admit that many of my family members suffer from high blood pressure. I think that I am on upper normal levels of my blood pressure. I would like to know what you think if I should limit my salt intake. What do you think about this? I would appreciate all your replies. Bye!

Hi, there. Salt has high levels of sodium. Although the right cause of essential hypertension is still unknown, it is known that excessive sodium intake can be one of the main factors for high blood pressure. It can build up in the muscle tissue of arterioles. Arterioles have very important part in blood pressure regulation. With this excessive sodium in their wall, they are not able to do that. That is why I recommend you to limit your salt intake. All patients with high blood pressure are recommended to do so. I hope this helps. Bye!