Diet is only one of the factors that affect blood pressure, that is somethng I had to learn. I am diagnosed with high blood pressure few years ago. That’s why, and because I am under high risk for infarct, I want to start with diet. Keeping physically active and eating foods low in fat can help me to prevent weight gain, and might help to lower your blood pressure. That’s why I need advice about diet I should start, just I want it to be safe for me.

For the start, to tell you that sodium is thought to contribute to raised blood pressure. The majority of sodium in our diets comes from salt, either in food or is added to it. Currently, most people eat about 9.5g salt per day, but we should be having only about 6g. Here are a few ways you can reduce the amount of this dangerous salt in your diet. Reduce the amount of salt when you cook. If you do this gradually, you'll be surprised how little you miss the salt. That’s because your palate will adapt to the new salt levels. Try cooking with herbs and spices instead you add salt. Taste your food at the table before you add extra salt. Try to eat fewer processed foods, because these contribute about three-quarters of our salt intake. Look for low salt varieties of products when you are buying. Check nutrition panel on food labels for salt, or sodium content. These changes to your diet can help reduce blood pressure, and make your life healthier.