Hi, few weeks ago I started working on my new job. I was very excited until I started talking to some of my colleagues. They have told me that working conditions are not that great and that I will experience the side effects of sitting and working eight to ten hours soon enough. They have also told me that all of them have some kind of health problem because of the job description. However, when I ask them about their problems, they do not want to talk about them. Have you had any experience with side effects of an eight to ten hours working day?

Hi, I am very familiar with health problems that may occur if your job requires you to sit eight to ten hours. My job is very similar to yours, because I work in a bank where I also seat at least nine hours. The problem I have earned in my job is herniated disk. This is a kind of spine injury that causes a lot of pain. But, with the help of some pain killers and a special workout program I manage to control the pain. Besides this there are a lot more of back problems that may be caused if you spend a lot of time sitting. Also this type of job is one of the most common reasons for the development of thrombosis. This is a very serious life threatening condition. So, you can see that your new job can cause many serious health problems. However, these problems do not appear overnight, it takes a lot of time for them to be noticed. If you don't intend to spend a lot of time at your new job, you don't have to worry much.