Hello, folks. My friend would like to start with fasting. Some people say that this activity can be healthy if it is done occasionally. I would like to try it, but I don’t know how to enjoy it. I would like to hear what you think about this. Can anyone share his/her opinion here?

Hello to you too. If you mean fasting on water only, I really don’t know how to enjoy it. This is not recommended to be done quite often. Experts say that one day of fasting per month is quite enough. You can try it. I think that you can make it to fast one day. Please, let me know how it went. I am sorry I couldn’t help you more. Bye!

Hi, there. I fast occasionally with fruits and juices. I enjoy this kind of food, although sometimes it is hard for me. First days of fasting are difficult. You accept them as a challenge. Later, you get used to it. I think on the food I will be eating when I finish fasting. I hope you’ll manage. Good luck! Bye!

Hello, good people. It is true that occasional fasting can be healthy. However, I recommend you to consult an expert before doing it. Maybe your health condition won’t allow it. If you go for it, you should try not to think much about it. I think that idea of thinking about food you will eat later is not bad. However, this can have contra-effect. Maybe this will make you more impatient. Please, let me know what you decide. Bye!

My perspective is that fasting for a day or two is good once a month to clear the system. So I've heard. I have attempted it, but have never managed to make it through the whole day without eating. i have a feeling i have some sort of deficiency because if I go more that 6 hours during the day without food I feel incredibly faint. I will try fasting again tomorrow and see how it goes.

I find keeping busy with low energy tasks is helpful.

The reason you are feeling faint is because of the toxins leaving your body. Instead of eating something when you feel faint, keep your head up, lie down a little bit, try to relax and it should go away. It is always like this in the beginning. If you are not used to fasting (a whole day withough any food), then go with fruits. Don't eat anything else but fruits for a day, it is easier and you'll get your body prepared for the bigger challenge - no food at all.

You can also introduce a day on just veggies and fruits.

Give it a go, the pleasure you get from doing so is amazing :)

Fasting when done with a buddy becomes fun because both of you need each other's support to get through the day. Not giving in to the temptation of food :-D I do this with my friends who are also into yoga. Our fasting is usually successful;)