I do like a pint of guinness from time to time, and I have even heard many times over that there are supposed health benefits of guinness, including for pregnant and lactating women! So you can imagine that it did not sound right to me when someone said there are "side effects" to guinness! Other than a hangover if you consume too much of it, are there side effects of guinness, or is this an urban myth?

From the beginning of 20th century the only thing related to guinness beer was the slogan of the company who is manufacturing. The slogan claims that this beer is good for you and it is based on the facts that guinness has everything you need to stay alive. But this is not completely true because it lacks few essential nutrients such as fat. Maybe you don't believe in that but fat is very important nutrient. And furthermore guinness has low protein level but high sugar level! And I think that this doesn't need further explanation. But besides hangover there are no any side effects of guinness so if it is true that you are drinking a pint from time to time I think that you are just fine, just don't start to overreact. Everything that we do in a moderation is fine but too much of anything can have a serious consequences! So enjoy your weekends and don't drink too much of guinness, or as a matter in fact of any other beer. 

what r those

HI I wanted to say that my partner drinks guinness and i have noticed that in easter of this year and just recently he has had two foecal accidents i rang 111 and i was told that guinness has a laxative in it

I was first put on gunness 50 ago when my fourth child was born. Now 30 years later I still have half a can every evening. My recent dizzy attacks have shown no physical ailments on MRI. It seems that the A and E doctor thinks I have an alcohol problem. Could such a small amount of Guinness build up and cause dizziness?