I am looking for a wide range of experiences with kundalini! I have been thinking about doing something like kundalini for a long time now, and I now have the opportunity to sign up for classes locally and I really want to take that chance! Someone did tell me there might be some side effects with kundalini so I thought I would ask about that here.

Most people describe side effects of "Kundalini Awakening". As far I can tell its just unintentional side effect from kundalini high spiritual level where people get to feel great sorrow, pain or near-death experiences. Emotions range from bliss to terror. Visual and auditory hallucinations, uncontrollable physical movements, sharp aches, anxiety and hot flashes may also accompany the awakening. Individual experiences of Kundalini process vary considerably, so not everybody can handle the mental and physical side effects of Kundalini awakening. So, that seems to be all,

hope you find this useful. 

A Kundalini awakening may involuntary muscle twitching during and after the procedure and poses. This is usually a temporary sensation, and it can obviously become bothersome to the person experiencing it, especially when it lingers.

One of the stranger side effects of Kundalini awakening is spontaneous, uncontrolled movement into yoga poses or positions without any effort from the individual who experienced the Kundalini awakening.

I've taken a few classes of kundalini yoga. In the classes we would sing mantra's and repeat the exercises many times. The goal is to awaken the Kundalini power or energy. I think you always have to listen to your body, whatever kind of yoga you do, than you'll be fine. I personally prefer the Classical Hatha Yoga, I recently did a teacher training course with Arhanta Yoga, and there you really learn all there is to know about yoga and the effects on the body and mind!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Side effects vary from person to person, most common are: feeling a series of currents

through your backbone moving upto backside of head, heightened  emotional state crying intensely or feeling uncontrollably happy (without reason), feeling excessive sexual urges.

These things may or may not happen, also it is important to find ideal teacher who have mastered it. A true master will have an aura around him which can gets everyone's attention and it emnates a feeling of purity (not love but purity) also his voice is sweet and strong. True master  of Kundalini are difficult to find, others are just immatures who falter things not having full knowledge and should be avoided.

Before going for it, decide what you want from it, and whether it worths the risk...

Also if u go for it, u must follow the principles rigidly, for example : prerequisites like being celibate are important.

Good luck on spiritual journey!!!!

My physical side effects were goose bumps to the point where each hair on my body felt it was a pin prick. If you get to the pain barrier whichever channel Kundalini is over using just stop the spiritual pursuits for a time.