I am trying to get my hair to grow long, and this is something I have been working on for over a year now. In all that time, my hair grew perhaps four inches! I have heard about the benefits of taking vitamin e oil, and that it makes your hair grow much faster. Is that right and are there any side effects of taking vitamin e?

definitely yes, it stimulates the roots so basically it makes hair grow faster. there are over-the-counter products that can also help.

Well Some people used this vitamin to their skin to keep it from aging and to protect against the skin effects of chemicals used for cancer therapy. vitamin E supplement is taken with other medications for other diseases as well.

Usually vitamin E never cause side effects but vitamin E can sometimes cause serious side effects, especially when taken at higher dosages. Vitamin E as a supplement has potential side effects when it interacts with other drugs or other conditions.

Wow, there is quite a few of these "grow my hair" posts. Try a very good quality multi vitamin, which will have the E in it and all the other things you need enough of before your body starts to concern itself with hair growth.

Fat soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A, D, E and K have toxicity at a higher dosage. Recommended daily intake of Vitamin E is 400 IU. Side effect noted is Bleeding.