Hello, I am a guy that is 21 years old and I am wondering about different kinds of tests. I know that there is CAT scan, x ray, MRI, etc. What are each of them used for? I know about x ray, but feel free to refresh my memory. It would be great if someone could clear
this up for me. Thanks in advance.

X-ray was discovered in 1895 by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen. It is used for seeing if the bones are fractured, and some of the soft tissue too. But it doesn't go further than that. Cat scan is similar as the x ray, except it is consistent of multiple x rays fired at different angles. This creates a "3d" picture. MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging is the most sensitive scan and there is no radiation involved. In our bodies there is a millions of positive and negative atoms. MRI is basically two powerful magnets, so these atoms act as mini magnets. This creates a picture at the computer. It is best for looking at soft tissues such as nerves or discs.