Hi , I have been suffering from CS since April this year and feel really ill around 2weeks everymonth, I have seen an ENT specialist and I'm awaiting a CT scan, i have antibiotics each month to take along with nasal sprays/salt baths/steroid drops etc but none of these help apart from the antibiotics which take the infection off for about 2/3wks then it flares up again, I am now suffering terrible headaches and my rhs side vision is getting affected, i feel dizzy and really ill some days, how long does it normally take for a CT scan? and could stress have helped contibute to my problems as I was really stressed from around feb this year to july time, my head feels very full and muffled, sense of smell almost gone and still have the usual pressure pain face etc, can anyone please help?
many thanks Trina x

Hello. I never believed that this is so ugly issue that really can bother your everyday activities. I have one friend who is also suffering from chronic sinusitis and she is keep telling me that she can't sleep, that it bothers her a lot and that she believes that she will never find a cure for it. How to relieve internal sinus swelling was her biggest concern for a while. She also told me that very often this issue is treated empirically with decongestants and aspirin or acetaminophen.I know that she was doing x-ray, but it hasn't shown a lot. According to her words, it can occasional information regarding sinusitis, but the CT is something different because it can scan of the sinuses is a very commonly ordered examination in the setting of recurrent acute sinusitis, or in chronic sinusitis. On the other hand, MRI of the sinuses is ordered if there is an expectation of serious problems involving either the eyes or brain.  I don't know for how long you will have to wait for it. But, good luck! 

I had really bad facial pain and eye pain the doctor sent me to A&E immediately to see a facial pain specialist who then referred me to ENT who sent me for a CT scan within a month. CT scans dont take long its the follow up appointments that take time you should have a diagnosis within a few months. My diagnosis was poordrainage of the nasalpassages and inflammations. The options was surgery not recommended instead to use a nasalspray. I did experience vision loss. I do find aspirin works if taken at the onset of the pain works due to the anti inflammatory properties. My sinusitus is controlled with Nasobec now and less dairy products esp. cheese. My worst time of sinusitus was 4 1/2 years ago during my finals at Uni so i do think stress plays a part.

Hope that helps im not cured but not as bad. Paracetamol seemed to make my sinus pain worse.

I have the same exact symptoms only I have noticable swelling around and undneath my eyes, that causes terrible vision problems for me. Mine has been going on for over 4 months. I have had 5 rounds of steroids and am on my 3rd round of antibiotics. I have had a CT scan done and it only showed swelling and some infection. I have recently got another opinion from another ENT and he said stay on this antibiotic and get a repeat CT scan done next week. This has been so miserable for me. Its hard to concentrate when you cant see right.

I had my sinus washed out by surgery last year and it hasnt worked. My face is killing me! My nose is not blocked though! Under my eyes and cheeks are really painful and my whole face feels so full and strange. My left side of face is swollen up again! Inside my mouth its also bad and hurts. Im feeling sick everyday and head pain in one area is bad not sure if thats got to do with sinus though! Juse its horrible and its horrible waking up knowing im going to feel ill.

wellk were do i satart facial pain stared 4 years ago went to ent nothing wrong 4 times by 4 diffrent ent nothing wrong even with camera going in my nose and into my throut still in pain 1 year later beged the ent doctor to do ct scan and hurray complete blocke on left side of face had operation still not right this year jaw pain face pain nose pain ears fell full eyes weired vision hot and cold all the time head pains went back to ent and guess what now got blockege in my nose great but i feel so ill with it my glads in my neck hurt but every time get doctor to check it they say it looks ok and my glands ant up but just below my ears i get pain and shooting pain in the ears trout feels swallen face pains you name it ive got it just feel so ill now iam on two weeks off antibiotics and i feel more ill anyone got any idea i take nasel sprays pain killers nasel washouts nothing else i can put up my nose really >;)

About 4 years ago i started with painful sinuses and went to ENT after 3 months of antibiotics, they said there was no infection as my nose was not blocked etc, but i knew there was something wrong. I had a sore neck,my teeth all hurt (gums) i felt as thought i had toothache in all my teeth, facial pain esp under the eyes and around the nose, with debilitating headaches that lasted until i took either antibiotics/sinus tabs or even a cold and flu capsule...whatever i could get my hands on as no painkillers worked even the codeine i have, one day a brown liquid just poured from my nose which scared me and i went back to the doctor telling her this was not right. A ct scan showed up that i had narrowed sinuses and a polyp...so i was right....The operation was fairly fast afterward tho unpleasant and kept me in bed with nose bleeds for a few days after and the polyp not removed.I have been given a spray to take 3 times each day always to shrink the polyp. All seemed well until 8 months ago when it started again:( This time its worsened, my neck swells up and i get lumps under my ears and my neck swells, my teeth feel as though they will all fall out and hurt, facial pain, nose pain, swollen eyes and cheeks , sore ears even to the touch ,forehead pain and chronic headache and nose bleeds. Constant dizziness, burred vision, vertigo and again no infection or runny nose. i have been through about 9 weeks of antibiotics and i feel ok until i stop them and then the pain comes back and i am buying sinus tabs then which keep me awake:( Again nothing will completely remove the pain or the dizziness, just the headache. I went to the doctor who said it was probably rhinitis and i should wait it out.....well no i am not suffering through this as its hell. I asked for a scan as i know somethings wrong and obviously they cannot see it, so i have a MRI scan in 10days time and i know ill be proved right something is wrong again...

I have also had an ongoing problem with sinusitis and have been unable to get to the bottom of it. Recently I have heard of a different approach by treating it as a fungal infection instead of a bacterial infection This would mean an anti- fungal spray or medication. Has anyone had any experience with this type of treatment?