Hi. I'm 35 year old male and about a year ago I had a minor accident when I hurt my back. I supposedly hurt only my muscles because some X-rays show that my spine isn’t damaged at all.
After about six months I started again to feel pain in a same location. X-rays again couldn’t show anything.
So, my doctor recommended me some new and expensive procedure called MRI. What is this? Is this some kind of operation or what? I'm afraid I should go on operation!
So, if anyone maybe knows more about this, feel free to write about it.
Thanks!

I know some facts about this procedure and I insure you that this isn’t as dramatic as you think so. You were right about some things-
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) is new method and it can be very expensive. It is the most innovative procedure in that field today.
It’s also called Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Imaging.
MRI is a non-invasive procedure that uses powerful magnets and radio waves to construct 3D pictures of the body and it is based on the magnetic properties of atoms.
It is much better procedure then X-ray scan because you will be speared of potentially harmful radiation.
So, you don’t have to be afraid of anything. It will all be done in about half an hour and after it- the right diagnosis will probably be set.