My friend advised me to stop smoking because I have plaque in my heart arteries. But I’m a big smoker. I’m smoking for years and it’s very hard to me to imagine my life without cigarettes. I hope that cigarettes are not so dangerous for my problem. Can smoking be related to plaque in my heart arteries?

Unfortunately, you must stop smoke! The nicotine and carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke damage the endothelium, which sets the stage for the build-up of plaque. I know that within one year of quitting smoking, coronary artery disease drops to half that of a smoker. I hope now that you will decide to quit smoking.

Yes, smoking cause the arteries to retract and tighten causing blood flow to stop or slow to certain parts of the body i.e. brain, heart limbs and penis etc.. it hurts more than you know.My husband is going through this now and he has to quit cold turkey cause the nicotine is what causes the arteries to spasm.

according to my Heart Doctor, the answer is yes..I used Chantix and quit almost 2 years ago !!! I smoked for 56 years but Chantix is the answer..try it !! I may save your life !