I'm 16 and I'm trying to stop smoking I started smoking when I was 13 and I don't really know how to quit and is smoking addictive?

if u have determination then u can quit it hopefully..

u can join some center as well in our area...

but you can do it yourself as well...

begin with reducing it...

if u smoke 4 cigarettes...reduce it to 2...

then, 1 and then zero...  n try controlling ur urge for it...

u can surely do this....

good luck

Stop smoking NOW if you can. Smoking cigs is very addictive especially the longer you do it. I'm currently trying to quit and have been smoking 1 to 2 packs a day for 33 years. I'm 47 years old. Quitting is REAL HARD  the longer you keep smoking. Right now I'm taking the prescription Chantix to help me. I just started it a few days ago. The script is not cheap though. It cost as much as the cigarettes almost. Do your parents know you smoke? If they do would they take you to a doctor to discuss ways of helping you quit or do you have someone who can buy you the nicotine patches? I don't know if doctors would give someone your age the prescription Chantix. It can cause many undesirable side effects in some people.

I will also be using nicotine patches along with the Chantix to try to slow down my cravings in about a week once the Chantix is built up in my system. It's best if you can just quit cold turkey using willpower which is what you'll have to do anyway no matter what help your given. It will all come down to you to say NO to yourself when you get the urge. All of the tools used to help people quit like the patch or prescriptions is try to help lessen the urge a just little. Just don't buy or accept cigarettes anymore. It has to be a bit easier for you since legally you can't really buy your own cigarettes. Shoot when I think of the money I'll have after I quit !! My cigarette habit right now costs me between $80.00 to $130.00 a week. If you keep smoking make sure you have a great paying job so you can support your worsening habit as you get older.  You'll need between $320.00 to $520.00 a month just to support your smoking habit. Then when you try to quit it'll cost you almost double buying things to help you quit while your smoking.

Think of the things you could do with all that money that's just going up in smoke and making you stink to other people who don't smoke. Smokers can't smell it like non smokers can. Smoking has really become socially unacceptable nowadays anyway. It affects everyone around you. I mean you can't smoke in many public places anymore, even on some outdoor sidewalks around businesses. I also think of how my smoking is affecting my dog and cats lungs. They are stuck living with me and I'm hurting their health. I love my pets and don't want to hurt them anymore than I already have. Smoking at home also causes a film of yellow-brown soot to form on everything in your house, overtime. Your clothes yellow, I have to wash or repaint the walls in my house often. Everything including my TV gets covered in time in this nasty sticky, stinking, soot. My family and my husbands family don't even care to come to my house because we both smoke and our house stinks like smoke to them. 

Do you have another friend who smokes and wants to quit? Ir so why don't you do it together and hold each other accountable. My husband who's now 63 years old is quitting with me next week. Set yourself a quit date and stick to it !!

My health and complexion have suffered enough throughout the years because of smoking. I hate the broken capillaries that cover my face due to smoking. It costs me thousands of dollars every few years to have laser treatments to try to attempt to make my skin look nice again. Without the laser treatments my skin looks older, more wrinkled and red from all the small broken veins and wrinkles smoking causes. It discolors your skin permanently overtime and ages you fiercely compared to non-smokers. Not to mention how I'm starting to hack and have a nasty phlegm buildup in my lungs.

I wish you luck in quitting. I will hopefully be throwing away my cigarettes and lighter in about 1 more week. I will still need to force myself to do it. It's going to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Quit now before it gets even harder for you !!! Take care and good luck.