It only just came to my attention that there is such a thing as too much calcium in the body. I did not know this, and I drink A LOT of cow's milk, because I like the taste and always thought it was healthy. Am I at risk for too much calcium? What are the side effects of too much calcium?

If you really had too much calcium in your system, you would probably have noticed some symptoms. The most notable side effects are constipation (this is very common for people with too much calcium), and possible flatulence. Kidney stones and increased risk of a heart attack are the more serious symptoms of too much calcium.

Although calcium is very good for our bone it can not be really helpful for our other health related issues. In our body everything should be in equal balance. So try to minimize the calcium in your body.