My father is getting on a bit now, and he has a multitude of health issues. On top of everything else, just found out that he has low potassium as well. I know that low potassium is bad for you, but I am not sure about the ins and outs of it at all, and now my dad has low potassium, I would really like to know more about the side effects of this. Can you help, or at least tell me where to look for the right information about this?

With low potassium, a general weakness and feelings of fatigue are often the first symptoms. Along with that, people who have low potassium often feel pain and cramps in their muscles, especially in the arms. As the condition lingers, other symptoms may appear. Heart palpitations are often combined with vomiting, headaches, and even psychological problems.

Thanks for replying to my post. What you wrote made me think - my dad has been behaving out of character a lot lately. He is grumpy and unpredictable, and not like the person I know, at all. I didn't even consider that this might be due to the low potassium, I thought it was just a part of aging. So, do you really think that this is connected to the low potassium?

Potassium is certainly a organic and natural mineral that will help individuals actually feel and also be healthy on a daily basis. Although the majority of of the potassium inside our body is within the cells, smaller volume, roughly 2 or 3 % of the complete potassium contents found in the human body, of this mineral is located away from the cells. Potassium is necessary by our own bodies regarding smooth muscle together with cell running, cardio running, muscles tissue contraction, neurological transmission, for the purpose of the conversions of glucose in glycogen and even muscle development, and many more.

Taken From -  SideEffectsGuide.org

It is generally known as 'natural diuretic' simply because it is quickly assimilated by our own body and nearly 85 to 90 % of it is released from bowels as well as filtering organs. Simply because of its actual alkaline attribute, it can be a vitally important mineral which will help our bodies system keep ph levels also to preserve correct levels of water inside of the whole body. The most vital capabilities of potassium inside the system are going to preserve blood pressure level controlled and also assist in intra-cellular nutritional exchange. It can also help to keep acne breakouts, numerous hypersensitive reactions, weakness, kidney stones, and many more., away.