I eat a lot of foods with calcium and I am taking supplements occasionally. Someone told me that it can be bad for me. Is too much calcium bad? Does anyone know?

Yes, it can be because it interferes with iron absorption. It is impossible to get too much through food, but with supplements it is important not to get too much, I think that the body can only handle about 500 mg at a time. What you get in food should be considered before making a determination about supplementation.

The reason too much calcium is bad for you is that it eventually turns into stones in your kidney.

calcium can cause plaque build-up.

Really too much calcium is bad. It makes the bones very very stiff which increases your body weight. Also this can cause boils as a reaction. It can cause stones on the different parts of you body especially kidney and liver.

Good reply!!!!!!!! so cool.