I had a kidney stone a few years ago...the doctor said the problem was too much calcium...however in a parathyroid scan...all was o.k.  Now, again, my blood shows too much calcium...at the time a few years ago. I was told rather than surgery, a drug was coming on the market which would reduce the calcium...therefore, avoiding surgery....what is the name of the drug?  Any other suggestions...I'll also have anther parathyroid scan....and another bode density...THANKS!  

Hi Money1       Have they checked the level of your Parathyroid Hormone (PTH)?  Scans can be helpful but are not very dependable.  I am not aware of any medication that reduces calcium.  I suggest that you look up the website for Dr Babak Larian and read about parathyroid disease.  You can even call and talk with him if you have questions.  What other symptoms do you have?  mass

I have no other symptoms..I've recently got my A1C back to normal after losing 30+ pounds because I was told I had type 2 diabetes...my blood sugar is now also in the normal range...

That does sem kind of strange but all things are possible.  I never had high calcium but had a pretty good sized adenoma.  What is your PTH?  Has it been tested more than once?

Congratulations on losing the weight and getting blood sugar under control.