I know that sometimes it's normal for all of us to itch "down there". I recently noticed that sometimes when I do, there will be a small, painless pimple-like bump in the area on my scrotum. It itches mildly--it's not excrutiating or severe--but it worries me. It usually goes away over night.

A few months ago, I shaved the area and went through months of distress with similar, more numerous bumps and a body rash that turned out to be scabies--a harmless but irritating skin mite. Two treatments of some cream and it was gone. I was told by my dermatologist that the mite can cause folliculitis, which is what the bumps resembled and kind of look like now. Again, however, they seem to last and itch only a day or two and disappear.

I can't shake the notion of something more serious, like an STD? Worst case scenario--genital herpes. However, I've been doing alot of reading and cannot match any symptoms. Can somebody put my mind to rest?

I appreciate the help.

J.

You are right about not being able to relate any STD to your symptoms. STD’s usually don’t appear in that way. Bumps caused by genital herpes fro example are more like blisters that ooze clear liquid and then become crusty. Genital warts are awful and believe me you would know if you had them. Although there are some strains of the HPV (virus that causes genital warts) that don’t cause warts but since you have visible bumps, they are unlikely to be warts and they don’t resemble folliculitis.

Other signs of STD’s are usually penile discharge, burning, itching, redness in the genital area, which you apparently don’t have. Even if you itched badly or had redness it wouldn’t necessarily mean it was STD.

From you description, I would say these are either normal ingrown hairs or folliculitis (infected ingrown hairs with skin bacteria). If they keep reappearing, you could pay a visit to a dermatologist again and get a prescription for a proper antibiotic (not just any antibiotic since there are numbers of them) to get rid of the bacteria and your bumps.

hello guys, I am also connected to this topic, because I have bump on scrotum too. I was not sexually active in last three months so this what I see is big surprise for me. Actually in first two weeks I did not care about my problem because my best friend had the same issue, Although after few weeks, I decided to go go to the doctor in order to resolve my special problem. According to this i have visited dermatologist and he said me that it is not anything dangerous and he thinks that my issue is connected to puberty.

Hey if u find an answer let me know as well, im in the same scenrio please!

I am in a similar situation as well. However, it does not itch, there is only a single pimple, and I have NEVER shaved. Please let us know!

To start: You should always wear protection...no matter what. Even the most devoted monogamous relationship can have it's faults and it only takes one time.

So I'll address the STD part first. No matter whether you use protection or not- you can still expose yourself to HSV 1 and 2 by oral and genital contact. Yes it is possible you get oral herpes on your genitals and here is the scary statistics... ONE IN FOUR ADULTS have some form of HERPES...Look around you - and look at the four people immediately standing around you. HSV has clear raised itchy blisters. Once they burst they become crusty and heal. They do not look like pimples.

As for Folliculitis you don't necessarily have to shave to get an ingrown hair. Below the epidermis many new hairs grow and in one pore you could have three hairs growing at the same time but at different levels. As the new under developed hairs are trying to push their way out another hair can push it to grow underneath the skin and as it grows it may become infected and create a large pimple. I knew someone who had a golfball size ingrown hair in their genital area. Had I known them better I would have asked to see it (as sick as I am). The thought of letting it get that bad just makes me wonder what the heck it looked like when they had it excised. Typical folliculitis does not ooze clear liquid and itch. Usually there will be a white head sometimes green if infected.

As for itchy blisters...do you get them on your hands as well? There is a form of eczema called cheiropompholyx but haven't heard it involving the genitals. There may be other forms of eczema

Best bet go make a doc's appointment.

One missed diagnosis. MCV, Molluscum Contagiosum Virus. It's small itchy pimple like symptoms that are transferred via skin to skin. Google it. There are many lesser known STD's out there.

I have the same thing bumps on the scrotum, mild itching, no blister, no weird warts, it looks like pimples or acne. wat this person described answer mine, I have had mine for a year now I have taken a razor 2 one a a white sack came out and i sqeezed that sack and a waxy tector came out .

Well I had bump it itched it and noticed it then I looked at it and it loomed like a pimple and I poped or it looked like it did bud it started to to bleed could this be something bad?

If you shaved the area around it it's just a ingrown hair no big deal I get them all the time after trimming

SCABIES, i had the same thing and thats what it ended up being