I am 22 years old and sexually active with one partner for the past 8 months. I am on Ortho TriCyclen, and have been for the past 7 months. A week ago I bled for about 12 hours, similar to a period. I also had thick skin type discharge similar to the shedding of the lining. My period is always on time, and I never bleed in between. My period is due in a few days. I also just noticed some tiny stick shaped bumps in the opening of my vagina. That is the only place they are. I also have noticed I am a little itchy inside that area. I have also been having a bit of sharp pain during intercourse. Any idea of what this is?

did you find out what it was..because im having the same things happen..

I think I am having a similar problem...only I'm in Italy and the gyn told me i might have "hairy vulva" i have no idea what that means and i can't find anything about it in the internet. I thought it was HPV...

like you said...tiny, sort of stick shaped bumps on the inside of my vaginal opening and they don't hurt but they itch sometimes.

I am having the same problem and i am on the same birth control but mine hurt and bleed

I am also having the same problem, does anyone know what it is?

I'm glad I found this site. I also have similar (about 5) tiny projections at the vaginal opening. They dont hurt or bleed, but do itch sometimes. When I try to pinch one it feels very sensitive. I got very worried since these things are mostly STDs. and was confused as I am a virgin. I have also noticed that the lips of my vagina feel very rough. These things have made me very self conscious, and I dont allow my BF to go anywhere near there (till we get married). Does anybody have an idea what they are, and what causes them? I dont know whether its a coincidence, but I also have some tiny allergy rashes on the upper lip of my mouth for ages, my Doc can confirm its an allergy but cant pinpoint causative factor. Why I'm asking is that it feels (upper lip of mouth) as rough as my vaginal lips, and i cant help thinkn that there might be a link.
Does anybody have a clue???

the exact same thing... rough patches around my vagina with tiny little white bumps i have no idea what it could be i recently switched birth control so maybe its a reaction to that? if anyone finds out please post... i dont know what to think

I was seeming to have the same problem and my doctor prescribed me medication for trich..which is some kind of bacterial infection that most medical practitioners still don't know the cause of.Apparently its fairly common.

However,my partner didnt get treated and I may have gotten reinfected.He wore a condom,so its also possible that maybe the bumps are some kind of allergenic reaction? they are kinda itchy and irritating.The bumps are really tiny and kinda rough,only on the inner part around my vagina as well.

I'm curious to know whats going on also..so if anyone has more information I'd like to hear!

i think the best thing to do would be to seek professional help. it could be anything. :idea: 9

ok so im having the same problems but nobody seems to know what it is. please tell me someone has figured it out! i just started getting this about a week ago and i havent had sex in a few months. please if you know what it could be email me at _[removed]_.

im having the same problem and nobody knows what it is. ive had it for a little less than a week and i havent had sex in like 3 months so i cant see it being an std. please if anyone knows what it could be email me.

Are all of you on the Ortho Tri Cyclen because these stories all sound the same to me and I am on that same birth control and I just recently had those same problems and just switched birth control. Maybe there is a connection between it all.

i was on tri sprintec birth control last month and before that i was on ortho tri cyclen lo but i guess they discontinued that one thats why i was on tri sprintec last month so anyways i decided to try ortho tri cyclen so ive been on it for i wana say almost 2 weeks and i just started gettin the same problems as you guy itchy bumps...i know its not an STD because i know i dont have any and i know my bf doesnt have any cause he just got tested....like the girl above me said maybe there is some kind of connection with OTC

ok i am having the same thing happen to me, its the day before my period and i just found it. i go for std checks every couple of months just in case because now a days you never know. everything is clear, i dont use birth control or condoms as i am allergic to both. my partner is clean, no stds or anything, see the day before i got this i used lubricant and i was wondering if any of you other girls have used it and maybe we are all allergic to it or something to that effect. who knows it could just be something strange or whatever

but haven't been on any BC. I used ortho lo almost 2 years ago- but that's been to long to have effect on me now. I've been with the same guy for 6 months and it's just been happening for the past 2. All of my std test and blood work has come back FINE. i think the doctors think i'm crazy. but i HAVE been using lube since this started. astroglide specifically ha