Hi, i have been having snotty looking vaginal discharge for about 2 weeks now. First it started clear and for the past few days it has turned yellow. It looks like snot that could possibly comefrom the nose. I have never had this type of discharge before and i just need some advice about what i should do.

The action usually depends upon a cause and you haven’t told us if you had any unprotected sex lately, or if you are pregnant, or if your ovulation period is due.

There are many possible causes of the snotty vaginal discharge and sometimes it could be just a normal discharge and sometimes it could be indicating things.

Is that the only symptom you have? You don’t have any itchiness, redness, pain, cramping, blood, etc associated with it?

The thing is that you can’t do anything about it until you find out what it is. Medications can help only if the cause is a bacterial (or other organisms) infection, or yeast infection, etc.

It is also normal to experience this kind of vaginal discharge during pregnancy.

My partner has been in prison for 10 months now,so i have not had any sex since then. I am not pregnant,but it is around the time my period should start. I have not had any other symptoms besides the discharge and it is not present every time i use the rest room.

What you are explaining are typical signs of normal vaginal discharge whose consistency changes throughout menstrual cycle.

Around your ovulation, two weeks prior to period, the discharge is usually clear and stretchy. When your period approaches, it gets thicker.

Have you been on an antibiotic treatment lately, or used any special vaginal deodorants, smelly pads, new detergents. All of this things can provoke an imbalance in vaginal flora and cause yeast infection but this could also be just your regular discharge, which you didn’t pay much attention to before.

In case it continues to bother you, you can always see a gyno and have it checked.

I also have a quick question! I have experienced this type of discharge. But then the next day I had brownish discharge and then the next day I had pinkish red discharge that only lasted for about 10 mins then today(11-11-15) I still have the brown discharge but not as bad. I have been TTC for about 9 months now. I'm thinking implantation bleeding? The last time I've had sex was October 29,2015 so that's why im thinking this is implantation bleeding since that happens 7-12 days after the day you've conceived? I was recently on depo provera for 2 years so I never had a period..My shot was due Feb.17th,2015 and I didn't get my shot.

Just wondering, were you pregnant?? :)

If had a clear vaginal discharge for the last 2 weeks. An these last 2 days its became a snotty looking color. No smell no itching no burning.... I haven't had my period this past month. An I'm 2 weeks late.. Plz help me

Hi I'm having a discharge what's like a cold an its thick an I had sex jus last week an I have had it all the time sometimes it white or off white sometimes after sex I have a smell I really fine it uncomfortable

I have a string of snot discharge sometimes. It has a green like mucus color. No smells, itching or any other irritations other than me thinking something may be wrong down there. It usually happens around my menstrual cycle but not all the time. I always bring it up to my GYN but to me, they always seem to kinda dismiss the concern I have. Should I be concerned?

Literally the same happens to me... The gyno seems to think nothing is wrong... :/

Hello I’m 46 Nd been experiencing so early menapause signs haven’t had a period since sept and now I’m having like a snotty discharge with some itching is this normal