Hi, I'm 27 years old and I have what I think is a very serious problem. I'm 4 months pregnant and lately I have noticed a thick greenish discharge coming out of my vagina. I also have some itching and burning in the groin area while urinating. My gynecologist said that increased discharge from the vagina during pregnancy is not unusual to happen, but I am worried about the tingling. Could this put my baby in danger, what should I do?

Increased vaginal discharge isn’t uncommon during pregnancy, but only if it’s clear and without any odd smell. It is caused by change in hormone levels during pregnancy and it is a good sign that everything is going fine for you and your baby. Thick discharge with an odd smell on the other hand, is probably a sign of some kind of a vaginal infection going on. The most common causes for thick vaginal discharge are candidiasis, Chlamydia and gonorrhea. Most of these conditions can be successfully treated even during pregnancy. It is therefore very important that you talk to your gynecologist about this problem as soon as possible. Do not try to treat it by yourself because you could put the baby’s health in danger.

I'm 16 and today when I went to the bathroom to go pee i saw discharge in my panties and this isnt normal for me so i was just curious what could be causing it? its thick and almost looks like snot or something! Does this mean I'm pregnant???

Hi there! Vaginal discharge sounds more like an STD ( Sexually transmitted disease) then pregnancy to me. You haven’t mentioned if you noticed any other strange signs or symptoms. But, it doesn’t even have to be an STD. I sometimes happen to have discharge after a cold or something. If the discharge persists, you should definitely visit a gynecologist, and have yourself checked. Good luck!

I've been noticing a lot of discharge and I just got off my birth control pills, and it's not clear and I do not have ANY burning or itchiness at all, what could this mean?

ummm its called yeast infenction, really cant hurt your baby, you jsut have to get rid of it before you give birth, and you are suppose to have discharge, but a little bit, not tons and green or thick , just a little clear stuff....

anyways congrats on the baby

discharging doesn't mean you have an STD. I've had a lot of discharge since I started by period when I was 14, and I didn't have sex until I was 20, so it's not an STD. Some people just have more discharge than others.

Don't scare people by telling them that vaginal discharge sounds like they have an STD!! Some people just have more discharge than others. I began having a lot of discharge when I started my period (at age 14), and I didn't have sex until I was 20, so I didn't have an STD, I just had discharge.

Some people just have more discharge, it's not caused by anything but being different than other people.

vaginal discharge is normal for women and young girls. young women will notice more once their body starts to develope more hormones. somtimes it is stringy clear like mucus, or a creamy white color. it could be a std but most people don't have any symptoms of chlaymedia or gonnera.

i would say due to the fact that you are getting older and maturing more you are producing more hormones, and by adding birthcontrol that is more hormones being added to your body. once your body gets use to the BC and you stop taking it, your body is losing those x tra hormones. i understand that it gets confusing, but if it doesn't smell bad, isn't chunky like cottage cheese, or is different colors other than white, i wouldn't worry about it.

yeast infections usualy don't make your discharge green, that would be more on the lines of bacterial vaginosis and is curable with pills called flagil. hope this helped.