I afraid to ask this, but there is almost a year I have noticed I have vaginal discharge. Before I never pay attention, guess there was anything on my underwear. It is white and doesn’t smell, but I feel dirty. Also it doesn’t burn or itch, but I am worry if that could be some sexual transmitted disease. I have boyfriend, but we use protection always so I don’t think so it’s STD. Anyway, I am worried about my health.

That is something absolutely normal. I guess you are teenager, because when I was in puberty, I also noticed it for the first time. First I was so much worry, what makes me visit gynecologist for the first time. He explained to me vaginal discharge is normal and amount of it is different from woman to woman. That is self-cleansing system of vagina so there has to be moistness. That discharge contains dead cells from vagina and normal bacterial flora. Discharge is produced by vaginal and cervical glands, and it is slightly acid. Important is that you learn to see difference between normal and pathological discharge. This what you describe, as white discharge without itching, burning or problems during urinating, sounds like health discharge. Later, during life, probably you will have some vaginal infections, so it’s important for you to check it and notice change in it.

Well, that sounds like absolutely normal vaginal discharge to me! The amount and color/look of your vaginal discharge changes with your menstrual cycle, but it also depends on your health and whether you have been working out. If you are sexually active, there may be more. Some women have more discharge than others as well. 

If it smells bad, has clots, has a strange color like yellow (not off-white) or green, and if you have symptoms like pain, burning, or itching, then see your doctor because it may indicate an infection. If not, it is still good to get an OBGYN exam done about once a year just for your personal comfort of knowing that everything is fine down there. 

HI, i am expeirencing some abnormal discharge. Yesterday out of nowhere i had a huge amount of yellowish with a tint of green discharge. The most i ever had before. Now in my past i always have discharge and im always wet down there and when i asked my doctor about it she said it was completely normal unless it was colord or had a smell. The discharge i had was jus colored with no smell at all but lots of it. Now this morning i have very thick cottage cheese like discharge. I used to expeirence this during my first pregnancy. Is this a sign of preg or a sign of a disease? Help !

I was worried too, I have moved to Austin from Houston, and all of a sudden my discharge has changed from clear to greenish. My obgyn tested me for any infections, and it was negative.
My friend has the same problem, she moved here from Arlington, and it seems like the problem is in our water. But, there is no cottage cheese, that would probably need to be examined.

best regards,
Eve :-)

My periode just went off last week. I dusched and everthing. Just last night
I had sex with my boyfriend and that next day I've noticed some very light discharge but it had a smell to it only. Iam kind of worried. Can you please help me?

hi im only 14 but everyday i get an unusual amount of clear white gel like vaginal discharge im getting really worried becuse by the end of the day it has stained my underwear and it smells a little bit. PLEASE help or advice!

hi im 15, for the past 6 months ive been gettin a a white discharge sort of like virginal discharge but sometimes it comes out lumpy and when im on my period i still get it but same again but sort of like blood clot im really worried and i need advise as soon as possible, i had a clamydea test done not long ago but it come bk negative so i was clear i dnt no wot else it could be please help me!

vaginal discharge is normal for you girls at that age. Don't worry. It will staind your underwear..i am 19 and still have vaginal discharge and it is white..you have to get it checked when it becomes a weird colour and has an oder..its always good to get checked up on regularly anyways =)

Before I got my period I was noticing that I was getting this white discharge. I asked my mom about it and she said that it was normal and that it would stop when I got my period. she also told me that it was happing so my body would get use to my period. (Which didn't make sense and it probably didn't to her either. I thought she would know since she had a period as well) So I didn't think anything of it.
Then I got my period and then after I got it I would still get the white discharge and I am finding myself always having to wear pantie liners. I am so sick of it!
The discharge is just white and sorta milky and sometimes it might be alot or sometimes its not.

So basically I just want to know if my discharge is normal and also if i could get some tips on how to stop the discharge and make it go away.

THANK YOU

-Lisa