Hey there. I'm a 16and a half year'old male, and i am severely (AND I MEAN SEVERELY) addicted to a video game, World of Warcraft to be precise. When i say severely, i mean i sometimes play it for 15h straight, with an average play time of 70+h/week. Now, this is the problem. Last year, i joined college. I have made quite a lot of "friends", but , since I was already addicted by then, I didn't really get to know them better than "Hi, how's it going?".That goes even for my class mates. I would really like to drop this f*****g addiction of mine, but when I am really set on doing so, i think that i don't know anyone in my college 2good, and it would feel awkward for me to "interfere" in their friends group. Had a 3month summer holyday, and guess how i've spent it ALL! Yea, you guessed right, sitting in front of the PC , playing WoW or reading WoW forums. It even went to the point where some girls in my class asked me to go clubbing w/ them, but I declined making up excuses, when all I did was play that f*****g game. But that's partly because my self-esteem is inexistent, as in, i see myself as the uglyest, most stupid guy alive. I sometimes have to lie about what i do, because everyone would see that im the biggest geek arround, and it goes to the point when, f.ex, some classmate of mine talks about WoW , i "bully" him, making fun of him for playing that game.

When I started playing this game, 2 years ago, i was 180cm and 75 kg. Now, i am 187 cm and 105 kg, and its only part muscle, mainly fat. PLEASE help me, i really want to get my old life back :-(

P.S.: I should mention that my classmates are pretty rebelious, and i would say the same thing about me.
P.P.S: i work out 4 times/week and swim 3times/week, 1.5hours every tim.

Also, gotta say that i really do have a "fatty" look , but when it comes to sports, i really am good, as in, i got a huge resistance when running, i got amazing (not kidding, i just beat a guy that's been doing water-polo for 10 years) swimming speed and i can lift 80 kg (reverse push-up style, laying down on a bench) after not even 1 year of going to the gym.

Really nothing to say?:-( Feeling so weird now, because in 3-4 days school starts and people will be asking me stuff about my holyday etc and i have to tell lies again , or atleast pump the reality to some other level :-<

Great , I love the awesome number of replies =( atleast I know someone listens to me...

i used to be like that with call of duty 4 on xbox, untill my internet got disconnected, i bought wireless adapter and use someone elses internet, but dont play it as much..
why dont u try asking one of your family to hide the WoW game so u cant find it? or else, i wouldnt recommend this, but download a virus and put it on ur computer so you cant play

srry about ur replies but wow is really fun game and its easy to get addicted

Here's wat u do, grab the game, have a firepit, and burn it, if it nonmelt or burn, break it over your knee or sumthing, and then don't rebut the game