What do you think--I am an avid video game player and I noticed that my reaction time is faster than most people, plus I tend to be calmer. Is it possible that playing video games has helped me figure out how to relax plus helped my sports training? I think so, but I'd like to hear what you think because it's also possible that I've always had good reflexes and that they helped very little.

Hi:
I believe that there are many benefits to playing video games that, for whatever reason, are ignored by a lot of people. This may be because there are many games on the market that are inappropriate for young people and that tug at our moral fiber. If you isolate the benefits, without considering the content for a moment, you will see that it can improve: Eye-hand coordination;concentration; problem solving; focusing and other skills. Video games are competing with traditional learning environments and as a result, the leaders in those environments are afraid of change. Consequently, the benefits of video games have been, for the most part, ignored and they have gotten a lot of bad press. Anything can be bad for you if it is not done in moderation and if it is used for bad purposes. That is not unique to video games.

I was pleased to read this topic. I was hoping someone would bring up such facts that people are plain ignorant or just ignore such positives that games do bring. Moderation is the key.

Well for instance we have nitendo wii. It is prove that you don't have to site and stay still while you play games. I am video game player my self, and reflexes are on higher level than my friends that don't play. But also it is very important that you know to control your self. I don't play every day, just few times a week.
Gaming industry is very big and you can find everything out there, and because of that many people say that games are bed. I really don't think so.
Has anybody experience any kind of bad thing playing any game?