Hi, my brother is addicted to marijuana, but he doesn’t want to admit it. Every evening when he comes back, I feel it on his clothes. I am really worried about him, and don’t know what to do. Any suggestions?

Hi, when I was in high school, I was addicted to marijuana. Every evening for three years, I was meeting my friends and we smoked marijuana. It was our way to relax and our daily habit. I never thought that I could get addicted to it, no one ever told me that. I thought that only drugs like cocaine and heroine could cause addiction. However, when I finished high school, I stopped hanging with my friends, but I couldn’t stop smoking marijuana. I didn’t have anyone to get it from, so I started having seizures and compulsive craving. This is when my parents realized that I have a problem, so they made me go to a rehab. Fortunately, I managed to get over this problem successfully, thanks to my parents.

If you're addicted to marijuana detox symtoms are different for each person my husband who has benn smoking for almost 20 years has psychotic episodes...marijauna seems harmless but when smoked for a long period of time by certain people can be devastating...do a little research before flaring off at the mouth partner ;-)

How do I stop ? Ive been smoking weed everyday for two years straight ! Smoking as I compose this text . I'm 26, black male living with a disease that will shortly take my life. I get a meds from my doctor call marinol 2.5 grams , The weed law in my state hasn't passed yet . In progress for the better . My prescription for marinol 60.pills cost anywhere from 400- 600 a bottle . I for one will be pleased for this harmful but expensive plant to be legalized world wide as alcohol once was prohibited . This would work for all the users , Gov can get his taxes on .. I can smoke until the lord comes for me , with out emptying my accounts .

cannabis is relitivly harmless. if you have a desise and are not well why are you worried about smoking weed. if you look at the stats acohol is way more dangerous that weed, it also shows that caffine is about the same danger as weed. chill out, why is everyone so anti weed?

Guest wrote:

why is everyone so anti weed?

because this happens to be the "cannabis addiction" forum, not the "cannabis fan club" forum.

big difference, buddy.

I think weed addiction is horrible. My husband goes up and down. He hangs around his friends every weekend to smoke. Nothing is more important than smoking. When he comes home, he doesn't want to do anything and often gets angry when I ask him to do something together. When he is not smoking, he is depressed. I am very happy about my decision about filing divorce. He is married to weed, and they will have a great life together.

I think mj addiction is horrible. My husband goes up and down. He hangs around his friends every weekend to smoke. Nothing is more important than smoking. When he's done with smoking, he doesn't want to do anything.

lol its not Cannabis thats the Addiction, its the user.. you could replace cannabis with coffee/chocolate/tobacco an they would get addicted to that. Im 23 an ive been smoking Cannabis on an off for 10 years, i get high when i chose too not because i have too. there is times where ive gotten stonned everyday for 7 months (about 1oz a month at 1 gram adam) an then theres times when i cant be bothered an not touched cannabis for 6 months, i mean like now i got stonned last week for 2 weeks to help with pain from wisdom tooth extraction before that i was smoking cannabis in september for a fer weeks then the last time was may. i mean right now i could go an get some cannabis but i dont need to because i dont feel a need to get high that an my roomate grows it so im set up for free weed, i mean my nan/aunte/cousin/best friend an girlfriend all smoke cannabis an they got jobs an dont need to smoke it,

How many people do you know turn to crime like theft and prostitution to fund there cannabis drug addiction. im sure if you think you have a addiction to cannabis just give all your money to parent/loved one and before long your addiction will be over... that or your gona be the first person to suck a penis for weed

There are people who have what is called an addictive personality or people who are more likely to become addicted to just about anything. My husband fits that category. His choice for addicted substances are pot, work, religion, and politics...oh yes, and screwing other women becuase they get high and I don't. He needs a pot buddy and I am not it, so he feels he has the right to go outside of the marriage. I asked him to give up the other women and the pot or the marriage is over. He had no problem giing up the other women, but he can't give up the pot. We have 3 great kids and have been married for 18 years...like the other lady said, he is married to his pot, not me. We are now separated and he thinks he has done nothing wrong. He is in denial! Maybe when he is faced with divorce papers he will wake the heck up but I doubt it. He cna live without me and teh kids but he can't live without the pot. So sad...he would choose a "weed" over his family. But that is his choice...and he is a fool. Only he has the pwoer to want to stop...there is nothing I can do that will stop his addiction....it is all consuming. One day he will wake up with nothing and then perhaps he will hit his bottom....who knows how long that will be...he has been smoking on a daily basis for 10 years now. I just can't take it anymore. He is never THERE for me and the kids, not emotionally of mentally. Shame on me for putting up with it for so long. No more...I deserve better than this...a year of counseling helped finally realize that.

All I know is that an addict has to want help...has to want to stop. Without that desire, there is no hope.

Hi!
I can totally relate to you! I have a 16 year old son who is addicted to 'weed' and has been secretly smoking since he was 13 years old. He has been in the court system from the age of 10 years old, due to his running after school and not coming home at night until really late.
I never thought that my son could be addicted to marijuana, but I have read the responses on this website and I am sad to have to say that he is. My son has been in Juvy at least 17 times for truancy, runing away for days, not calling, and most recently, breaking rules on Intensive Supervision in his home. The last UA that was taken read that the THC level was very high...333 to be exact! Prior to this UA he had one done approximately 3 weeks that showed THC at 17... almost clear for the substance.

As a mom, I am very worried on what is going to hapen with my son. He is Bipolar which does not help the matter and is taking Depakote as prescribed by his Doc for the Diagnosis.

Is it possible that he is running away from the stresses in his life by doing the 'weed'? He has lost his sister to a terminal disease at the age of 6, and absolutely hates his step-father( which is another story in itself)!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to find the answers to a very baffeling puzzle.

Sincerely,
Sunny

Its strange how so many married people (women mostly) tend to blame marijuana rather then the person who is using it. If it was not marijuana, it could be something else - drinking, gambling, prostitution etc. At least weed is much safer than that.
Why not go to the core of the problem? yhink what caused your husband to prefer weed than you. Surely you must be lacking something. Perhaps you should also have a joint or two with him.. Maybe that will bring you two closed.

Ok. I smoke marijuana and it helps me focus. But i can go without it and looking at the molecular compounds in weed i contains absolutely no physical addictive substances. Deep down you brother is just mentally weak and believes that he "needs" it.(sorry if it sounds cruel but its true)

P.S.
This all changes though if marijuana is being mixed with pills, especially if your brother is on any medicine for ADD, ADHD, bi-polar, etc.

I'm a doctor and unfortunately have been a stoner for 20 years. I tried giving up and I was sick, couldn't sleep, had night sweats, couldn't regulate my body temperature, had hot flushes throughout the day. I couldn't eat and what I did eat I threw up. I'm bad tempered to the point of getting into arguments and really having to stop myself from kicking someone's head in. And I was bored rigid - couldn't watch telly, couldn't sit still.
So...

I went back and am now an addict again. I wish to give up smoking for health reasons - the normal heart disease, lung cancer, emphysema etc. but I really don't think I can - I'll just end up hooked on valium and alike. But I don't want to die of lung cancer. Also , I don't drink alcohol so I don't know how I will relax. I've tried cooking with cannabis but it's not the same - it has to be a spliff. For the people above who mention that cannabis is better than other addictions - I agree but it's the smoking that is the issue - and recent research suggests that there is more carcinogenic substances in weed than in tobacco.

I'm at my wit's end

marijuana IS VERY A SERIOUS ADDICTION!, for those who say it isn't. I am a recovering addict to meth. i have been off meth for over 5 years now....but weed.........I cant function without it. without it i am angry and sevrley depressed sick to my stomach unable to eat and sleep. i cant even be around my children. i even become aggressive. i wan to quit because i cant afford it really and i find that all my spare time or free time is spent getting high when it should be spent connecting with my children. i have smoked weed since i was 11 yrs. old i am 28 now. i do suffer from mental ailments and i have fibromyalgia. i dont know how to live my life and cope with my conditions with out marijuana. i dont even know who i am without it.?