Hi, I have heard many stories about bad influence of soda on human health. But, I am mostly worried about my throat, as I lose voice very easily. How soda actually acts to the body?

Hi, I believe that soft soda drinks are unnecessary part of diet, as they don’t provide the body with any nutrients and can only induce certain diseases. Soft soda drinks are actually sugar, or artificial sugars, artificial colors, additives and aromas in water. They give you pleasure taste in the mouth and that’s all. Natural juices give your body essential vitamins and minerals, and soda drinks can only have additionally added vitamins, not natural. People tend to intake more and more soft drinks or fruit-flavored sugared drinks with no nutrients and very rich in calories. so, even weight problem must be taken into consideration.

I wouldn't say soda will kill you, but it's not exactly a paradigm of bodily health either. Sodas are chock full of sugars and empty calories, which means you'll most likely pile on a few pounds if this is the only thing you drink. Diet sodas may provide relief from the sugar (replaced with lovely aspartame), but diet sodas are just as bad as normal sodas. The carbonation in soda is more detrimental than the sugar because the acids will harm your teeth, and the acid is present in both regular and diet sodas.

But, having a few sodas a week won't hurt you...just as long as your oral hygiene is okay. Nothing is worse than letting soda rot on your teeth for days at a time. As far as damage to the throat, I have yet to hear about this happening. At most, I would just say to not drink soda if you've got a sore throat because it irritates an already-irritated area. But don't worry, you won't lose your voice from soda - my cousin can almost clear out a 12-pack by herself in a day and she can sing beautifully.

Consider soda a treat - I know it's probably cheaper than fruit juice, but soda has absolutely no positive nutritional value. When you go to grab that bottle of 75-cent soda, ask yourself if it will be worth it when your molars have eroded away halfway. But, as I said before...don't think this means you can't ever drink soda. Just using a bit of moderation will allow you to enjoy soda while not condemning your teeth to a lousy existence.