hello.

i am a thirteen year old girl i am 5 feet 5 inches tall and i weigh 156. i really want to loss this weight to become better at sports and be more happy about myself. what is the best way to get this weight off?

sincerley,

needtoloosewweight

well im 5 5 also and i weigh 140... im happy i did loose weight tho. i go running every day and eat right. stop drinking soft drinks and dont eat fast food... eat right and excerise thats what i did and i lost 20 lbs.

I agree. Regular exercise and eating healthy food can help lose weight.

Did you have any tips for quitting sodas? I am trying so hard to stop drinking sweet drinks but I've made a real habit of it. Is there any way to make it easier?

i am also 5"5 and i am 13. i wish i was 156 but i am not i am 205.
i dont look it but i am it. i have buy XL in every thing. i wish i was
a M in tops and in pants i am a 16 right now. wish i was a 9 to a 6.
i have a workout movie. it goes on for 20 mins. it is helping me lose
me tummy but it just goes some where else on my body.
HELP HELP HELP ME PLZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are feeling like you are overweight, my best advice to you is to talk to your doctor before losing any weight, andt hen doing your workout movie and eating less than you normally do so that you can lose weight. You have to lose weight slowly or you will not stay thin after you do, okay? Keep me posted on how you're doing.

bluedog wrote:

manna wrote:

drink diet pop it better for u but it is still not good so dont drink a lot of the diet pop.

starr1234 wrote:

bluedog wrote:

manna wrote:

Well do you have a plan for quitting them altogether? DO you drink soda still or do you have any tips on how to get off them or do you still drink them? Let me know!

no i only drink pop at b-day parties.

I think that's very good advice on reducing drinking soda. Although right now I think that all of my friends are having birthday parties so if I followed your advice, I would be drinking soda all the time! I do appreciate the advice. Thanks!

starr1234 wrote:

bluedog wrote:

manna wrote:

DONT DRINK DIET POP!! the main ingredient in diet soda is ASPARTAME which is a proven cancer causing chemical. it also INCREASES your risks of being overweight! Because your body gets more sugary taste without the actual sugar content, your body makes you want MORE sugary sweets and snacks to satisfy yourself. STAY AWAY FROM IT AT ALL COSTS!

Just out of curiousity, how many of you have actually looked at the food pyramid or the food guide? I'm Canadian, so I refer to the food guide.

If you're wanting to lose you need to do these things on a daily basis.

ALWAYS eat breakfast
Drink the recommended number of glasses each day
Make smart choices when eating - we all know that 10 carrots is better than 1 chocolate bar, eat frequently (3 regular meals, 2-3 snacks from ALL the food groups on your nutritional guide)
Keep a food journal
Get regular exercise, walk the dog, clean the house, play sports, if you like video games - get the wii, and do wii fit, find an exercise buddy - encourage one another
Watch your intake of soft drinks and fruit juices (some say they're 'fruit' juices, but when you look at their nutritional content - they're SUGAR and there's no nutritional value to them at all!)

* Do not eat in front of the television, chew slowly and savour the taste and texture of the food that you put in your mouth*
* Do not WHINE AND SNIVEL about not being able to lose weight IF you're not willing to do the steps above EACH and EVERY day.

Small changes = large weight loss over time