I believe I became addicted to diet coke. I drink 6 cans a day. I was thinking to try this sweetener splendra, but I ma worried about addiction on this too. I had herad that is addictive. Anyone tried splendra?

Same thing happened to me with pepsi. Anyway I use splendra.for anything anytime. I buy it giant boxes. I don’t belive in addacition, but who knows….I put three packets in the tee.

Do you mean Splenda? Listed in ingredients as Suculose.

IMO, you should stay away from anything artificial sweetner, even Splenda which is derived from Sugar but then chemically altered. Artificial sweeteners have been found to create problems in the appetite center of the brain causing headaches, dizziness, and concentration problems.

It is used because it is lower in calories and a small amount can create a palitable taste to something previously unpalatible. I don't agree with that but that's what food makers say. I think it tastes awful and can taste any artificial sweetener in anything and often smell it too. And I can tell a difference between suculose, aspertame, and saccharin but they all taste awful.

I do however believe in addiction. It's a very real thing. Anything can be addicting from food to drugs to people. Some are good for you and some are bad. I would say stay away from soda anyway as it in its self is bad for you giving you no nutritional value and eating away at your teeth enamal. But diet is even worse as it adds the even worse for you artificial sweetener side to the problem. Drink water.