Hi, I have vision problems for some time, and seems to me like I can’t see on right eye as I used to. The ophthalmologist said that I’ve got increased eye pressure and risk to develop glaukoma. What does that mean increased eye pressure?

The eyeball is filled with a watery fluid called aqueous humour, which creates pressure and enables maintain the shape of the eyeball.The aqueous humour that fills the anterior chamber (front part of the eye) drains back into the bloodstream. Normally, in order to achieve constant eye pressure the amount of fluid produced is in balance with the amount draining away. Glaucoma may be caused by raised pressure inside the eye which can lead to optic nerve damage. The increase in pressure usually happens because the aqueous humour in the anterior chamber doesn’t drain away properly.

I am feeling eye pressure in my eyes is there anything that I can do to

reduce eye pressure or I need to consult the doctor.

Thanks